• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will be the next EX-Team mate of Lance to get busted?

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
C'mon, you just KNOW it is going to happen:)

There was Floyd and then a lull during retirement, but now that Lance is back
it is inevitable that an ex-team mate will fail a dope test. Unavoidable.

Big George? Riding for Floyd's old team. Strong as an Ox in Flanders and
Roubaix. Last hurrah? Maybe.....could be...wonder how his biopassport looks.

Alberto "Sniffles" Contador? He WOULD be an obvious choice, except he
is a CLEAN rider. Chance of a false positive is very low...

I am going to predict......Maxim Iglinsky. One of my FAVORITE Astana riders.
Him and Vino. Showing great results now that he is not under the watchful
eye of Bruyneel and company.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
It's more likely that Lance and 6 of his current teammates will have their DNA matched by the French police to the infusion kits found at last year's Tour.

Contador is immune. That is the aspect Armstrong was not counting on but must now deal with.

If Contador gets caught, he has all the reason in the world to expose what went down at Astana with the Hog and all the rest.

So if Contador DOES get nailed (highly unlikely) look for the very possible reaction of nailing Lance not only to expose him once and for all but to also to shorten any suspension he may receive.

I'm sure these are scenarios that have crossed Armstrong's mind, and with his cozy relationship with the UCI he'll be able to keep a lid on the whole thing.

Yes, I believe he has that much power. Just look at the breaches in the testing last year at the Tour-who else could possibly get away with keeping the testers waiting every single day, something clearly against the rules?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Berzin said:
Contador is immune. That is the aspect Armstrong was not counting on but must now deal with.

If Contador gets caught, he has all the reason in the world to expose what went down at Astana with the Hog and all the rest.

No he doesn't. Omertá. He'll face the same choice every other rider does: Lie and say he did it all alone or tell all, name names and no top team will ever offer him a contract again.

Berzin said:
I'm sure these are scenarios that have crossed Armstrong's mind, and with his cozy relationship with the UCI he'll be able to keep a lid on the whole thing.

?

As explained previously-this is Criminal felony instead of a Doping one. But LA can always call Sarkozy and get some arraignments done..sadly.
But Overall you're right: If Contador gets busted, LA & the Hog get involved and tainted, regardless if AC snitch on them or not-So they'll do whatever it takes to make the accusations go away...

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
El Oso said:
Were Alberto and Lance really teammates? ;)

No I don't think so. And Alberto was suspicious of Lance (and Johan) and therfore very careful. When he held a press conference during the last Tour de France he was offered a glass of water but he said," please bring me a closed bottle instead."

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I'm sure Contador could retire tomorrow and have enough money to never work again. Several times a week I ride past the house that Robbie McEwen is building, and in that area, house and land prices can go into the millions, so he can't be short of cash. And generallyGrant Tour winners tend to earn more then sprinters.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Berzin said:

So if Contador DOES get nailed (highly unlikely) look for the very possible reaction of nailing Lance not only to expose him once and for all but to also to shorten any suspension he may receive.

Yes, I believe he has that much power. Just look at the breaches in the testing last year at the Tour-who else could possibly get away with keeping the testers waiting every single day, something clearly against the rules?

Interesting point

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
Boeing said:
Interesting point

I find the point a fallacy.

Did Heras get a pass? Hamilton? Landis? Beltran?

They would all have had the chance to pass on "whatever" for the purpose of negotiations.

I see no difference with Contador, were he to test positive or be ensnared.

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Berzin said:

That's probably why he had a low 40's crit.

TRENDING THREADS