• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will finish higher in the Tour

Who gets 3rd?

• other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

iZnoGouD

BANNED
Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Right now Froome and Wiggins are the biggest candidates for 1st and 2nd place
In your opinion who do you think will get in the last step of the podium?

What with all the DB chopping & changing with One or Two leaders thing: IMO there is a doubt (clinic talk, not here) about Dawg - and DB wants to have a backup TdF contender (Sir Brad) on hand in case Froome has to be dropped at the last minute. Of course this would have to happen just before the Tour not during.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Froome is a better climber than Wiggins, and the best he could do after already racing 1 GT was a 4th. The Giro is much harder than the Tour was last year, no way Wiggins will podium.

Contador, valverde, and Purito are the main contenders for the rest of the podium if Froome takes first.

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Afrank said:
Froome is a better climber than Wiggins, and the best he could do after already racing 1 GT was a 4th. The Giro is much harder than the Tour was last year, no way Wiggins will podium.

Contador, valverde, and Purito are the main contenders for the rest of the podium if Froome takes first.

Agreed. Assuming Froome wins, Contador takes 2nd, and I pick Valverde for 3rd. But I'll be cheering for Purito to miraculously win.

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Jrod will be third....

behind Froome and Contador.

If Wiggo gets a top 10 he should be happy, if yesterday was indicative of the way they'll ride this Giro.

May 4, 2013
Visit site
If Wiggins had been available for a 3rd place choice - he would get my vote. As it is I voted "other"

Because, of course, the man I have in mind to win is not Wiggo or Froome ;)

TRENDING THREADS