• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will ride for Lotto - Ridley?

I got this from a website

Dennis Vanendert
Jelle Vanendert
Jurgen VDB
Jens Debusschere
Tosh Vandersande
Klaas Lodewyck
Tim Wellens (neo next year, climbing talent)
Gaëtan Bille
Jonas Vangenechten
Kenny Dehaes
Greg Henderson
André Greipel
Marcel Sieberg
Lars Bak
Boris Bulgac

Apparently Maxim Vanthomme from Katusha... Joost van Leijen from VAC...
Nice team...

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Parrulo said:
that looks like a very nice team. it also answers my question of when would vanendert get a chance to ride for himself.

i hope everything goes perfectly for lotto, i absolutely love the long time sponsors :)

Probably the only guy that will be able to keep up with Gilbert on the hills next year :eek:

(Cadel will probably be team mate, so no danger from that corner)

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
agree with parrulo and the long term sponsor. I like the look of the team, Van leijen is one of my favorite vasc. riders (i'd prefer if he stayed, but it doesn't matter really).

In reality it is better for VdB i think. SHaring a team with gilbert and greipel was a bit much imo.

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Greipel is a good domestique and a winner. Every team should want this guy.

This, Greipel worked his ass off for Gilbert, sacrificing his own chances on a sprint victory. I've got no idea how Cavendish couldnt like Greipel.

Havetts said:
This, Greipel worked his ass off for Gilbert, sacrificing his own chances on a sprint victory. I've got no idea how Cavendish couldnt like Greipel.

Maybe Cavendish was scared that Greipel's willingness to work, get on the front and suffer for teammates meant Cavendish may one day be asked to do it.

Let's face it, they've had Kirchen, Rogers, Velits and Martin all being asked to lead Cav out, so why shouldn't he be asked to take the reins at the bottom of a climb, even if it's just for 200m? In the 2010 Giro, Ale-Jet led out on the bottom of one of the big mountains for Cunego...

El Pistolero said:
Probably the only guy that will be able to keep up with Gilbert on the hills next year :eek:

(Cadel will probably be team mate, so no danger from that corner)

You do realize Valverde is coming back?

And as has been mentioned Contador might ride for real this time. Doesnt have much else to do in April.

Libertine Seguros said:
Well, actually it's quite easy - but it won't matter because he won't be riding against anybody.

I do not understand this comment.

First of all its easy to ride in top shape when your suspended? What does that mean. I thought top shape was something that one got out of lots of hard work, certainatly not easy.

Secondly he wont be riding against anybody? Are you agreeing with the quote your quoting?

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
You do realize Valverde is coming back?

And as has been mentioned Contador might ride for real this time. Doesnt have much else to do in April.

You do realize Valverde couldn't keep up the hills already in 2010? And that he's been inactive for 1.5 years. And 1.5 years older as well. Come back in 2013.

El Pistolero said:
You do realize Valverde couldn't keep up the hills already in 2010? And that he's been inactive for 1.5 years. And 1.5 years older as well. Come back in 2013.

Must have been LLS i saw outsprint Gilbert for 3rd in LBL then:cool:

And he hasnt been inactive for that long. Contador usually finishes his season in July and Valverde had a very tough season being on peak all year and finished it in June. So he didnt ride this year but hes been training with Movi (was one of the guys waiting to hook up with Xavi when tragedy struck).

this is a guy who came jumped straight out of the blocks his first season as a pro. Guys like Basso, VIno, some of whome had more like 3 years out might find it difficult (though Vino won LBl his first time back) but Valverde i see less so.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Must have been LLS i saw outsprint Gilbert for 3rd in LBL then:cool:

And he hasnt been inactive for that long. Contador usually finishes his season in July and Valverde had a very tough season being on peak all year and finished it in June. So he didnt ride this year but hes been training with Movi (was one of the guys waiting to hook up with Xavi when tragedy struck).

this is a guy who came jumped straight out of the blocks his first season as a pro. Guys like Basso, VIno, some of whome had more like 3 years out might find it difficult (though Vino won LBl his first time back) but Valverde i see less so.

We're talking about hills, not time trial skills.

back on track - I like the look of this.

Lotto - long term sponsor = good

Jelle Vanendert - great talent. Glad he is going to get a chance on his own

Greipel - He has finally won me over. I am officially a fan :eek: His work this year for Gilbert has been second to none .... and he deserves to be No 1 sprinter and his place as a leader/points winner

Im not really a huge fan of VDB2 ... but he too has shown to be a team player, and he is more than capable, so will be a good leader for them.

What were Geox refused for last time? People were talking about it being Gianetti, because they must've had quite a few points with Menchov etc. coming in.

Anyway they still have the same management and have had a pretty bad year in terms of point-scoring so far.

I'd rather see Lotto stay in the top division anyway.

TRENDING THREADS