• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win 2013 GIRO?

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win 2013 GIRO?

• Others

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
May 19, 2011
Visit site
Jason_Mercier said:
i also think in Thomas De Gendt and Franco Pelizzoti as important riders. If Coldeportes is invited we'll see a sensational Giro. Is imagine guys like Chaves, Atapuma, Betancur in the break aways and Anacona challenging the GC and my eyes begin to shine.

DeGent is not riding Giro, his main goal of this season will be Tour

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Jason_Mercier said:
i also think in Thomas De Gendt and Franco Pelizzoti as important riders. If Coldeportes is invited we'll see a sensational Giro. Is imagine guys like Chaves, Atapuma, Betancur in the break aways and Anacona challenging the GC and my eyes begin to shine.

I'm curious, how does everybody think Pellizotti will do? Can he contend for a high GC spot? Or will he be just a stage hunter?

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Afrank said:
I'm curious, how does everybody think Pellizotti will do? Can he contend for a high GC spot? Or will he be just a stage hunter?

With Gianni Savio i think Pelizzotti can fight for a Top in the GC. Maybe 5. Depends of the competitors.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Contador was at his best in 2010, but the rivals got stronger compared to previous years. Put it into your pipe and smoke it. Is it so The competition is defined by opponents and never depends on the only rider entirely. And it's the largest myth Contador fans cherish so tremulously.

Pelizzo? I'm afrain it's not very likely. The 1st season is catching rhythm. Anyways he is not Basso to hit top-5 at once.

movingtarget said:
Top 10. Top 5 I think would be pushing it. Can't see him competing with Ryder, Wiggo, Rodriguez and a few others.
Others like the overrated Nibali? :D Btw, Purito might not ride the 2013 Giro.

airstream said:
Contador was at his best in 2010, but the rivals got stronger compared to previous years. Is it so difficult to understand chump??! The competition is defined by opponents and never depends on the only rider entirely. And it's the largest myth Contador fans cherish so tremulously.
Did you copy and paste this? :rolleyes: ;)

movingtarget said:
Top 10. Top 5 I think would be pushing it. Can't see him competing with Ryder, Wiggo, Rodriguez and a few others.

Rodriguez will only ride the Giro if the team forces him to. He'll probably focus on the Tour.

Riders we KNOW have GC aspirations are Wiggins, Nibali, Hesjedal, Quintana, Basso, Pellizotti, Gadret, Di Luca (LOL). Quintana and Di Luca may not start, though. But they definitely want to. Also Pozzovivo seems very likely. Cunego maybe.

I actually agree with jens_attacks, haha. There's no doubt Pellizotti will be "prepared" for a podium spot. The guy CLEARLY has no remorse.

airstream said:
Contador was at his best in 2010, but the rivals got stronger compared to previous years. Put it into your pipe and smoke it. Is it so The competition is defined by opponents and never depends on the only rider entirely. And it's the largest myth Contador fans cherish so tremulously.

Pelizzo? I'm afrain it's not very likely. The 1st season is catching rhythm. Anyways he is not Basso to hit top-5 at once.

excuse me but, why are you bringing Contador up here? He is not doing the Giro and no one else seems to have mentioned him in this discussion recently.

Why are you randomly posting attacks on Contador and his fans in totally unrelated threads?

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
The Hitch said:
excuse me but, why are you bringing Contador up here? He is not doing the Giro and no one else seems to have mentioned him in this discussion recently.

Why are you randomly posting attacks on Contador and his fans in totally unrelated threads?

There was a discussion a few pages back. I just forgot to quote the post.

airstream said:
Di Luca can not induce lol. We should get a standing ovation if he gets to Milan given the circumstances. What a man... :)

Di Luca's modest goal is to win the Giro again. He knows he can't do it without the juice, so it will be fun to watch no matter what.

I hope his team gets invited this time, though. Farnese is trying to sign him on the cheap. He doesn't have too many options from the looks of it. :eek:

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
18-Valve. (pithy) said:
Di Luca's modest goal is to win the Giro again. He knows he can't do it without the juice, so it will be fun to watch no matter what.

I hope his team gets invited this time, though. Farnese is trying to sign him on the cheap. He doesn't have too many options from the looks of it. :eek:

it's strange a WT team doesn't want to sign him. Such a titled rider ought to end a career in wedding general's status in a big team whereas Il Killer must find a team himself and pray that it would be invited in the Giro... :(

Afrank said:
Time bonuses of 20, 12 and 8 seconds will return to the Giro in order to balance it out, good news for Purito.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/blogs/pi...ts-a-balanced-route-and-time-bonuses-are-back

Thats actually very unlucky for Rodriguez in that the 1 year they dont have mountain time bonuses it may have cost him the race.

He lost the Giro by 17 seconds (12 if we overlook ryders head start) but would have got 8 for 3rd on stage 8, 12 for 2nd on stage 15, 20 to Ryder's 8 for 1st to 3rd on stage 17, and lost 4 for finishing 3rd to 2nd on stage 19

I got that as 28 seconds. Assuming everything went the same (which considering how conservative the race was, is not that big a leap) Rodriguez would have gone into the final tt with a 59 second lead - which would have made the final tt a total nailbiting tossup, with everyone counting down - 12, 11, 10 ... as Rodriguez negotiated the final 500m.

sadly, killer will snatch every bonus second from purito:cool:

2013 is payback time

s-DANILO-DI-LUCA-large.jpg

TRENDING THREADS