• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win Catalunya?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win?

• Other (Pozzo, LL, Porte, Pinot, Martin....)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Kwibus said:
Voting for someone you think will win doesn't mean that you like him.

Froome will be back and will bring our hopes for an exciting July down by winning this race with ease.

It's true that this race will signify what we'll get in the rest of the season.

If Froome crushes Contador then it's over pretty much but if by any chance Contador can make him suffer for the first time in 2 years then we're in for something else ;)

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I'd be surprised if Contador repeats Tirreno-Adriatico (even though I'd love it).
Froome is unknown, and anything is possible; he may flop or dominate (injury and all).
Both should be quite motivated.
I think we may see great battle between their teams.

It is going to be great week of the racing :)

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Marco Pantani said:
I'm convinced the level of racing, climbing was much higher at Tirreno than at PN. Betancur finished it off very well, but I can't see him matching attacks on the longer ascents. Let's talk in a week again.

I am not convinced, besides the Bertie show, there was not much competition at TA...
You should give it a rest, we all got that you hated PN, no need to splash this across half a dozen different threats.

I voted Betancur, he can out kick them and take the jersey, then defend it, his team is solid enough, competition here is a notch above TA/PN, so Bertie might not reign freely (barring that he is in uberform) and for the Dawg its the first race since Oman and coming back from injury.

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Roude Leiw said:
I am not convinced, besides the Bertie show, there was not much competition at TA...
You should give it a rest, we all got that you hated PN, no need to splash this across half a dozen different threats.

That's complete BS, show me those posts you are talking about. At best you took me for somebody else.

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Marco Pantani said:
That's complete BS, show me those posts you are talking about. At best you took me for somebody else.

If I took you for somebody else, I apologise, I am a bit tired of those recurrent posts in a lot of threats which basically go along the lines of how much better TA was compared to PN. Both had their merits.

Back to the Catalan race

Roude Leiw said:
If I took you for somebody else, I apologise, I am a bit tired of those recurrent posts in a lot of threats which basically go along the lines of how much better TA was compared to PN. Both had their merits.

Back to the Catalan race

Meh. T-A was a better GC race and P-N was a puncheurs race. Perfect for Betancur, but if not for Slagter mechanical he could've been 2nd at P-N. (This is an IF so I'm not saying that it would happen, allthough I do think so ;) )

I would be surprised if Betancur took the GC here, but let him surprise me.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Jspear said:
I'd like to see Contador beat Froome, but even Contador is being reserved about his chances of winning here. I think Froome, Contador, and Quintana will be the top three.

Nonetheles, as long as we are seeing a tight fight and not a walk on the park by team sky, I would be happy camper.:D

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Bexon30 said:
Not this time. He can have July! I could see Nairo taking this, although Froome won't want to be beaten. Quintana has set this as a target this race will be cool.

hhmm.. why? Contador beat quintana at TA. If Quintana is like everyone else saying, his form is going to improve. Well, so does Contador then, right? We don't expect contador to slouch on the couch after his win :p. Remember Contador was behind Quintana after TTT, and he didn't get any time back from ITT either. He turned around and put 2 minutes on Quintana in the mountain. So "technically" if quintana improves, so does contador. The only odd ball now, is froome. We don't know where he is compare to those two. But, at this point, Froome is still holding the bragging rights since he won TDF. So he is the rider to beat (injury or no injury). That's how I see it, and everyone 'expects' he would win. (i say would)

Everyone has a stellar performance on their respective race. Froome at Oman, Contador at TA, Quintana at San Luis + looked good at TA and so does Porte. But not Froome or Contador/Quintana are in the same race before, kinda hard to say whose leg reigns supreme :D other than judging them from past performance.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
berkerstan said:
Froome is now the big underdog, as many of you favour Contador and Quintana and Purito and Horner over him

no.. he didn't. He is the top dog. Go ahead and see him at sky website pic gallery. He looks skinny and so does Porte. I think he'll be ready, but whether or not he'll win it... dunno :D. But I think, everyone expects him to win it by default :D

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Quintana to attack while Contador and Froome are looking at each other.

1. Quintana
2. Froome
3. Contador
4. J-Rod
5. Bentancur
6. Horner
7. Porte
8. Pozzovivo
9. Uran
10. Lulu