• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win in Suisse?

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will be the winner of the 4th Grand Tour?

• Majka

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Spilak

Votes: 16 17.8%
  • Sergio Henao

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Pozzovivo

Votes: 8 8.9%
  • Arredondo

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Pinot

Votes: 21 23.3%
  • Kwiatkowski

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • A rider who is lined up for Dauphiné but changes his mind (Mollema, Costa, JRod)

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Other

Votes: 17 18.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Re:

Gigs_98 said:
Cance > TheRest said:
Dazed and Confused said:
to Cance...

Read what I said. Sources tells me he wanted to test himself, but couldn't deliver.

And no, I don't think Majka has shown what he can do in a real competitive long flattish ITT in the 3rd week of a GT.
This is a ridiculous discussion. My original point was that Pinot wasn't much better than Majka in the Tour. Both riders had very different objectives, so obviously they rode a different race. Majka achieved his personal goals and Pinot achieved his. The few times they clashed (where u can atleast compare them), Pinot was hardly any better than Majka.
On stage 13: Chamrousse, Majka was allowed to go away with König, but they attacked from the favourites group nevertheless, and Majka beat Pinot by well over 40 seconds that day.
On stage 14: Majka's escapee group had ~40 seconds to the peloton at the bottom of Risoul. He beat Pinot by 50 seconds that day despite being in the break
On stage 17: Majka had 1.55 at the bottom of Pla d'Adet to the yellow jersey group. At the finish Pinot was 1.40 behind (gained only 15 seconds despite Majka being in the break for most of the day).
On stage 18: Majka and Pinot started the climb together, with Majka attacking early and riding solo for most of the climb. Being caught by the Pinot-group which was also led by TJVG, Majka lost 2 seconds to Pinot that day.

I realize that making these comparisons are probably not a fair indication of the climbing level of Pinot/Majka because of the differences in each rider's goals. Still, these are the facts, and the only argument you have is subjective and unverifiable.
Well, yes your original point was another one but you weren't the person who started the discussion. The discussion started because someone said that majka was better than pinot in last years tour.

Incorrect - that is not what was said at all :)

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

Cance > TheRest said:
Dazed and Confused said:
to Cance...

Read what I said. Sources tells me he wanted to test himself, but couldn't deliver.

And no, I don't think Majka has shown what he can do in a real competitive long flattish ITT in the 3rd week of a GT.
This is a ridiculous discussion. My original point was that Pinot wasn't much better than Majka in the Tour. Both riders had very different objectives, so obviously they rode a different race. Majka achieved his personal goals and Pinot achieved his. The few times they clashed (where u can atleast compare them), Pinot was hardly any better than Majka.
On stage 13: Chamrousse, Majka was allowed to go away with König, but they attacked from the favourites group nevertheless, and Majka beat Pinot by well over 40 seconds that day.
On stage 14: Majka's escapee group had ~40 seconds to the peloton at the bottom of Risoul. He beat Pinot by 50 seconds that day despite being in the break
On stage 17: Majka had 1.55 at the bottom of Pla d'Adet to the yellow jersey group. At the finish Pinot was 1.40 behind (gained only 15 seconds despite Majka being in the break for most of the day).
On stage 18: Majka and Pinot started the climb together, with Majka attacking early and riding solo for most of the climb. Being caught by the Pinot-group which was also led by TJVG, Majka lost 2 seconds to Pinot that day.

I realize that making these comparisons are probably not a fair indication of the climbing level of Pinot/Majka because of the differences in each rider's goals. Still, these are the facts, and the only argument you have is subjective and unverifiable.

First of all the "off days man" is Rafal Majka not the frenchman.

Second, how can you state the polish was approximately equal to Pinot in the last TDF mountains considering that he spent a entire week giving a sunbathe even also he lost 24 minutes in the Bagnères de luchon stage?

Give a top form Pinot one MT rest day and he would have destroyed Majka on Hautacam or another finish.

TRENDING THREADS