• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win on Green Mountain?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win the Green Mountain stage?

• Other/A Break

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Bushman said:
Just talk. Flying on the team training camp and climbing from Alberto.

Any souce of these rumors?

Nibali vs Majka vs Valverde vs Pinot vs Poels vs Arredondo.

I'm expecting:
1. Valverde
2. Majka +5"
3. Nibali +15"
4. Poels +20"
5. Uran +35"
6. Arredondo st.
7. Pinot st.
8. TJVG st.

Purito will be dropped at the bottom of the climb and finishes about 2'30".:eek:

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
HappyLoser said:
Any souce of these rumors?

Nibali vs Majka vs Valverde vs Pinot vs Poels vs Arredondo.

I'm expecting:
1. Valverde
2. Majka +5"
3. Nibali +15"
4. Poels +20"
5. Uran +35"
6. Arredondo st.
7. Pinot st.
8. TJVG st.

Purito will be dropped at the bottom of the climb and finishes about 2'30".:eek:

More something like this;

1. Moreno
2. Majka + 5''
3. Valverde + 19''
4. Pinot st.
5. Nibali + 34''
6. Uran + 39''
7. Purito + 55''
8. Konig + 1m02s''
9. TJVG st.
10. Barguil + 1m10s''

;)

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
I'm struggling to understand how Wout Poels can have more votes than guys like Nibali and Rodriguez. I do understand the SKY transformation magic, but TOP10 at the Basque tour is like his best achievement so far...

S_cycling said:
I'm struggling to understand how Wout Poels can have more votes than guys like Nibali and Rodriguez. I do understand the SKY transformation magic, but TOP10 at the Basque tour is like his best achievement so far...
He struggles with consistency on multiple mountain stages, but if he has a good day he can beat anyone (literally). Sky doesn't even need to transform him for that.

@s_cycling: because it's Oman. Not Tour de France.
in the pre-season often a good outsider can beat the best easily because for them it's a goal and for the big guns it's not. So form wins over class. So actually it's very understandable that Poels, or any other outsider, can have more people voting for them than Nibali or Rodriguez..
Rodriguez in the past in oman got owned by Gesink or even Gallopin on the same climb. That's how much pre-season form or no form can do to a man..

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
in the pre-season often a good outsider can beat the best easily because for them it's a goal and for the big guns it's not. So form wins over class. So actually it's very understandable that Poels, or any other outsider, can have more people voting for them than Nibali or Rodriguez..
Rodriguez in the past in oman got owned by Gesink or even Gallopin on the same climb. That's how much pre-season form or no form can do to a man..

He was in the second echelon when he arrived at the bottom of Green Mountain in 2011.:p

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Froome, Rodriguez, Nibali - these are the most recent winners of the Green Mountain stage at Oman. Even Gesink in 2011 was fine given the level of the field present at that time :). No Poels / other outsiders on the top. Though, I agree, this is the pro cycling, so anything might happen...

Van Garderen seems to be on form. (scary)

10979639_894355350615594_1755535353_n.jpg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Alexandre B. said:
Van Garderen seems to be on form. (scary)

10979639_894355350615594_1755535353_n.jpg

Holy shiat. I've never seen him so skinny (but maybe it has something to do with him getting older and losing collagen). Also, he usually has a good early season.

And I think he is turning into Evans. His chin cleft is usually not that marked.

S_cycling said:
Froome, Rodriguez, Nibali - these are the most recent winners of the Green Mountain stage at Oman. Even Gesink in 2011 was fine given the level of the field present at that time :). No Poels / other outsiders on the top. Though, I agree, this is the pro cycling, so anything might happen...
Wait, is Poels suddenly some kind of nobody? Didn't he win the queen stage in Pais Vasco last year where all the big names were present?

TRENDING THREADS