• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win Paris-Roubaix?

Who will win the 2009 Paris-Roubaix?

• OTHER

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Some of the bigger guns of recent past might not be in the race, or at least not on form. This leaves Boonen as a true favorite. But others might be able challenge the mighty Tomeke. Since we only get 10 slots for a poll I'm trying a strange poll with riders sharing slots.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Oh go on then, I'll change my mind! I had Tommeke down after the diappointment of MSR and his performances at DdV and E3 Prijs. Having said that, the storyteller in me wants Haussler to win. The guys been a breath of fresh air this season and was just as good as Tommeke in RvV. Haussler/Burghardt/Bonnen. One of those 3! :D

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Big George is definitely capable of winning and has been riding like he knows that he has the form. He's managed to ride well and avoid any illness or injury so far. If I could pick a rider that I really wanted to win, it would be Hincapie.

Apr 3, 2009
www.dj-vega.net
I think it will be the 2005 scenario all over again: Boonen beating Hincapie and Flecha in a small group sprint at the v?lodr?me, maybe with some others there as well, like Pozzato, Burghardt, Leukemans, Hushovd and Devolder. But considering Boonen's top form and the absence of Ballan, Cancellara and O'Grady, I don't see who could beat Boonen in this race where the strongest rider almost always wins.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
I really am thick. I thought it was a vote on the RvV. I shouldn't have voted for Boonen and gone for Hushovd instead. I genuinely think that this is his year.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Can the old man win?

LugHugger said:
Big George is definitely capable of winning and has been riding like he knows that he has the form. He's managed to ride well and avoid any illness or injury so far. If I could pick a rider that I really wanted to win, it would be Hincapie.

I would LOVE to see Big George win... but, at a glance, it seems that the old guys don't win the Paris-Roubaix. Roger de Vlaemink, FOUR WINS, won his last at age 30. The one exception I can think of was Gilbert Duclos-Lassalle
who was like 37 and 38 when he took home his two wins.

By the way, check out Wikipedia's amazing Paris-Roubaix page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris-Roubaix)

Roger Hammond is another "old" rider who knows how to ride this race...

TRENDING THREADS