• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win the 2014 Tour de Suisse?

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win the 2014 Tour de Suisse?

• Other (specify in comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Parrulo said:
Frank was nowhere near strong enough to win last year. Why would he improve so much this year?

He barely made the top 20 on the MTT

He finished 4th in Romandie and 2nd in Bayern, did a better Classics campaign by a landslide, so yes, I think he improved and may be able to take it.

Roude Leiw said:
He finished 4th in Romandie and 2nd in Bayern, did a better Classics campaign by a landslide, so yes, I think he improved and may be able to take it.

He finished 4th behind a guy that is also racing here and was racing with a torn ligament on his shoulder in Romandie.

And in Romandie this year there weren't guys like Mollema and Kreuziger.

He may be able to podium, but winning is a different thing. For example, could Costa podium Romandie this year? yes, so much that he did. Could he have won Romandie this year? LOL no way in hell.

Nineteen hours before race time, what appears to be a finalized start list is circulating. ProCyclingStats, at least, is reporting that Team Sky's dossard number "41" will be worn by Sir Bradley Wiggins (they had gone so far as to provisionally slot Henao into the traditional team leader's number earlier).

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
When I look at this poll and thread comments I just smile, 58 votes on Wiggins 33.14%...

That was before Wiggo decided to give the **** off message to everybody:cool:

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
MBotero said:
When I look at this poll and thread comments I just smile, 58 votes on Wiggins 33.14%...

That was before Wiggo decided to give the **** off message to everybody:cool:

Even before it amazed me. He won ToC which is an ok race, but we are not at WT here with people seeing where they stand before the Tour. If the last 2 stages are raced by the likes of Pinot, Martin will have more than just his hands full to keep that jersey

Can Tony Martin do this? Without a team to support him as soon as the road goes up? Will be hard task. But I hope "Der Panzerwagen" can hang on to the jersey. Especially after the work he put in for his mates Cavendish and Trentin in their stage wins.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Akuryo said:
Can Tony Martin do this? Without a team to support him as soon as the road goes up? Will be hard task. But I hope "Der Panzerwagen" can hang on to the jersey. Especially after the work he put in for his mates Cavendish and Trentin in their stage wins.

Realistically speaking, the probability is very low.

However, TM is known for his grit. I think he will now be trying to limit his losses.

TRENDING THREADS