• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win the Dauphiné?

To win outright:

• Other (JCP, Keldermerckx, Julian Alaphilippe...)

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Talansky

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • The Great Bauke Mollema

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Rui Costa

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Teeejaaay van Garderen

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Chris Froome

Votes: 66 51.2%
  • Purito Rodríguez

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • Vincenzo Nibali

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Alejandro Valverde

Votes: 31 24.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As we head towards the end of the Giro, we also approach the two main pre-Tour stage races, the Dauphiné and Suisse. This year's CdD features 4 mountain and hill top finishes in a row, including a replica of le Tour's Pra Loup stage, and a 24km TTT on day 3. Full route here.

Startlist is not official, names may be provisional.

Poll ends on June 7, you can change vote.

edit: poll working now.

Anderis said:
Last year's winner not included in poll? I know he hasn't been in a great form recently, but still...

I really didn't see he was riding it. :eek: His form should be okay, he just came from winning the national tt champs, and put on a good effort on the road race. I'll try to figure something out.

edit: Alaphilippe out, Andrew in. Poll results reset though.

Re:

Velolover2 said:
You need to make one with Suisse too, BigMac.

And why is Alaphilippe out? He is a better candidate than Mollema and Costa.

Well, I wouldn't be so sure. I stated I was curious to see if Alaphilippe could bring his Mt. Baldy legs into multi climb racing in the Alps, which is not a given. Mollema and Costa have proved to be top contenders in this races, one has won the last three Tours of Switzerland and the other has podiumed the last couple. The frenchman had virtually never performed on the mountains before Cali, so what makes you say that? :)

Also, Alaphilippe still doesn't have a title as cool The Great Bauke Mollema, maybe one day ;)

I know but I still wouldn't be surprised if he was in yellow after stage 3 and then kept it for the rest of the race.

I'm serious when I say that I could even see him hanging on to Froome. Wearing yellow gives you wings and motivation. Especially when you are an young man.

I'm willing to make an avatar bet that Alaphilippe will be in yellow after stage 3.

Anybody who dares to challenge me? You have to have this picture until the start of Tour de France.

latest

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Valverde races at races instead of doing pathetic training rides like some previous Tour winners, so he's a good bet. Most likely candidate is, however, Froome if he can avoid falling off his bike.

Re:

SeriousSam said:
Valverde races at races instead of doing pathetic training rides like some previous Tour winners, so he's a good bet. Most likely candidate is, however, Froome if he can avoid falling off his bike.

Agree, Froome should win if he stays upright. he will be motivated to get a win before the Tour and is just coming off a great block in Tenerife which usually means he has improved the form. He will also have a strong team with Nieve, Poels, Kennaugh and roche looking likely to ride

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Froome will most likely win if he avoids crashes and can stay healthy. But he could also completely blow up if he has even a small problem.

I still think that most of these guys are stupid for riding Dauphiné instead of Suisse.

Both Costa, Purito, Pinot and perhaps Rolland would have had a chance of winning the race or multiple stages. They don't really stand a chance against Froome for overall and Valverde for stages.

TRENDING THREADS