• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win the Dauphiné?

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

To win outright:

• Other (JCP, Keldermerckx, Julian Alaphilippe...)

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Talansky

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • The Great Bauke Mollema

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Rui Costa

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Teeejaaay van Garderen

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Chris Froome

Votes: 66 51.2%
  • Purito Rodríguez

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • Vincenzo Nibali

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Alejandro Valverde

Votes: 31 24.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Well luck, it's true that the competition he faced was rather weak.

I don't think he wins the vuelta 2010 if anton doesn't crash. The giro 2013 had meh competition but the giro usually has a rather weak field so no biggie.

I think he had a good chance to win the tour vs contador. I give contador 60-70% if he doesn't crash but i'm biased i guess. He was really good in that tour though and deserved to win but that doesn't change the fact that no one of the big guys was there. Not his fault but imo it takes away a bit from the victory.

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Miburo said:
Well luck, it's true that the competition he faced was rather weak.

I don't think he wins the vuelta 2010 if anton doesn't crash. The giro 2013 had meh competition but the giro usually has a rather weak field so no biggie.

I think he had a good chance to win the tour vs contador. I give contador 60-70% if he doesn't crash but i'm biased i guess. He was really good in that tour though and deserved to win but that doesn't change the fact that no one of the big guys was there. Not his fault but imo it takes away a bit from the victory.

Fair enough as to yours and many similar opinions of VN's wins. I disagree about Anton in 2010 and about Giro 2013 - he would have had no trouble beating Froome had Froome rode the Giro that year. The conditions were harsh and Nibs was brilliant. Was gutted when Contador crashed out of TdF last year on stage 10; and a shame but not surprising, that Froome had (bad luck) trouble on stage 4 and 5 last year.

Nothing takes away from Nibs wins. Nothing takes away from Froome's 2013 win, though Contador was having an awful year in 2013 and was hardly himself in that TdF. My opinion: a win is a win. Luck happens and luck can be created or not, to the extent one has the resources, wits and confidence to quickly adjust to the variables on the road over 3 weeks. Nibs has been masterful at it - having a solid team helps. Credit to Lars Boom and Jakob Fuglsang - stage 5.

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

jalep said:
Credit to Lars Boom and Jakob Fuglsang - stage 5.
Boom was his opponent actually. Now Astana has 3 best riders on TDF's cobbles from last year.

Who will win the Dauphine? I'll go with Piti. Think that mountains are not hard enough for Dawg to drop him big time. I can see Taramae, Fuglasang on the podium, but not winning (and of course not Peter Winning).