• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Who will win the white jersey of the 2024 Tour de France?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win the white jersey of the 2024 Tour de France?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Remco might get some time in the time trials, but Rodriguez proved last season that he can climb. And Ineos will be aiming for the podium. So he is my bet for the white. Unless Pidcock decides that he is the captain now. But I still think Rodriguez takes it ahead of Remco.

I've gone with Rodriguez. Ayuso is working for Pogi, Jorgensen may be working for Vingo and even if he's not there then I suspect he will fall away in the big mountains in the third week, Evenepoel will be working for Landa by the end of the Tour or in breakaways, Pidcock not a GC rider, Buitrago not as good as Rodriguez who is pretty solid

I've gone with Rodriguez. Ayuso is working for Pogi, Jorgensen may be working for Vingo and even if he's not there then I suspect he will fall away in the big mountains in the third week, Evenepoel will be working for Landa by the end of the Tour or in breakaways, Pidcock not a GC rider, Buitrago not as good as Rodriguez who is pretty solid
I don't think Matteo is going to fade away. Dude is strong.
JV politics, on the other hand have messed with best efforts before. If Jonas occupies too much team energy and isn't up to the immense task of this Tour then it could go very wrong.

I predicted Rodriguez. I think Evenepoel and Jorgenson have higher ceiling and are more likely to land on the podium if not good form but...I'm not sure regarding Evenepoel's consistency in the mountains (his preparation was far from perfect) plus Jorgenson's domestique duties will complicate his bid (if Vingo doesn't turn out to be weak quickly). Ayuso is similar case to Jorgenson - not the leader of his team, likely not even the 2nd rider.

Reactions: Peter von
I predicted Rodriguez. I think Evenepoel and Jorgenson have higher ceiling and are more likely to land on the podium if not good form but...I'm not sure regarding Evenepoel's consistency in the mountains plus Jorgenson's domestique duties will complicate his bid (if Vingo doesn't turn out to be weak quickly). Ayuso is similar case to Jorgenson - not the leader of his team, likely not even the 2nd rider.
Yeah, I figured similarly.

Tho with Kuss out, Jorgensen is the most likely 2nd GC card for Jumbo and they will try to keep his powder dry for at least the first two weeks-ish, similar to how they handled Kuss last year. They certainly don't want a repeat of 2021 where they cost Jonas a lot of time because he needed to go back and help Rogla(not that I think he could have beaten Pogi at the time anyway).

Last edited:
I think its going to be between Rodriguez, Ayuso, Evenepoel and Jorgenson. Buitrago is a nice rider that could very well top10 the race but I don't see him doing better than that and Pidcock can't fight for the Tour white jersey when he has been racing mountain bike world cups lately and has never shown to be a top level climber besides being a mediocre time trialist.

I actually voted for the rider that I think is perhaps the least talented of the four but at the same time the most consistent, Carlos Rodriguez. He already finished in the top5 last year and after a disappointing start of the season managed to win Romandie and also the final stage of both Itzulia and the Dauphiné which shows a good recovery something very important in a Grand Tour.

Remco is the only one in this list that has already won a Grand Tour and could very well end up winning this jersey but his record in Grand Tours is just too inconsistent for me to choose him as the big mountain stages could prove a bit too much for him.

Ayuso and Jorgenson are both huge talents that I can also see winning the white jersey but both have the handicap of not being their team's leaders. Ayuso is a very promising rider that already finished on a GT podium but he still hasn't made the jump from a second tier into a first tier GC rider yet and I doubt he will be the second strongest rider of his team (in his defense UAE's line-up is crazy strong). Despite his great performances on Paris Nice and Dauphiné, Jorgenson is still unproven over three weeks and he might have to work for Vingegaard or even wait for him in the first stages if the Dane doesn't start the race very sharp.

Last edited: