Who Will Win Tirreno Adriatico?

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who Will Win Tirreno Adriatico?

  • Other

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
  • Poll closed .
theyoungest said:
Horner indeed needs to be on the list, he's no worse than Nibali, certainly if he doesn't have the knee problem or whatever he had last year so he could only climb standing up.
Last year he gained around 40 second on Nibali with the TTT.
I wouldn't say they're on the same level, knee problem or not.
 
Jan 11, 2010
12,582
0
0
SafeBet said:
Last year he gained around 40 second on Nibali with the TTT.
I wouldn't say they're on the same level, knee problem or not.
No, I wouldn't say that either, I actually think Horner is better, but you'd probably kill me ;)
 
theyoungest said:
No, I wouldn't say that either, I actually think Horner is better, but you'd probably kill me ;)
No way. I think many posters around here overestimate Nibbles potential. I love him for his attitude, but he's not the biggest talent around. Still I wouldn't picture an aging Horner as a big threat for him in a stage race.
 
SafeBet said:
No way. I think many posters around here overestimate Nibbles potential. I love him for his attitude, but he's not the biggest talent around. Still I wouldn't picture an aging Horner as a big threat for him in a stage race.
Unless said stage race is a race in America where no blood tests will be conducted :rolleyes:
 
Jul 10, 2011
513
0
0
I can not believe in the result of this thread so far! I took a look 3 times, 3 times Froome ahead.

The people are with memory problem... I did not take a look at the route.. but I hope that there is a lot of hell climbs... so the king can fix the things here.....

or.... maybe I will cry a lot...
 
virandociclista said:
I can not believe in the result of this thread so far! I took a look 3 times, 3 times Froome ahead.

The people are with memory problem... I did not take a look at the route.. but I hope that there is a lot of hell climbs... so the king can fix the things here.....

or.... maybe I will cry a lot...
We will cry together virandociclista :)
 
Jul 29, 2012
11,703
3
0
LaFlorecita said:
We will cry together virandociclista :)
Now you're having faith again? :D

I see how you roll. First 24 hours you say Contador is done for and then slowly you're regaining hope ;)
 
Jul 24, 2009
118
0
0
I dont often respond, but have faith. Alberto is the winner of 5 grand tours to Froome's zero, he has not usurped Alberto's stature just yet. One thing about Alberto is that he is relentless, very much like Messi, yes I said Messi, he does not give up. All this talk about Froome being the new king and he has not won a grand tour to this point.
 
Aug 16, 2011
10,821
0
0
casati said:
I dont often respond, but have faith. Alberto is the winner of 5 grand tours to Froome's zero, he has not usurped Alberto's stature just yet. One thing about Alberto is that he is relentless, very much like Messi, yes I said Messi, he does not give up. All this talk about Froome being the new king and he has not won a grand tour to this point.
To be fair, he hasn't really been given the chance. 2011 Vuelta, even when in the leaders jersey he was still forced to work for Wiggins which resulted in him losing valuable time on stage 11. 2012 Tour he had to again work for Wiggins. and 2012 Vuelta he was too tired from the Tour to contend for the top step.
 
Afrank said:
To be fair, he hasn't really been given the chance. 2011 Vuelta, even when in the leaders jersey he was still forced to work for Wiggins which resulted in him losing valuable time on stage 11. 2012 Tour he had to again work for Wiggins. and 2012 Vuelta he was too tired from the Tour to contend for the top step.
Wow, and you're still thinking like that? Can't wait for your/his excuse after the Tour. :eek:
 
Aug 16, 2011
10,821
0
0
cineteq said:
Wow, and you're still thinking like that? Can't wait for your/his excuse after the Tour. :eek:
What's your newest reason that is suppose to disprove this? You have never provided any viable proof that he wasn't too tired. :rolleyes:
I'm not making excuses for him, just stating the facts.
 
Afrank said:
What's your newest reason that is suppose to disprove this? You have never provided any viable proof that he wasn't too tired. :rolleyes:
I'm not making excuses for him, just stating the facts.
I had but you ignored it. Btw, you have never provided any viable proof that he was too tired. :D
 
Aug 22, 2012
428
0
0
LaFlorecita said:
We will cry together virandociclista :)
KEEP THAT FAITH AND HOPE ALIVE LaFlo and virandociclista!!! :)

Always have faith in Alberto, no matter how dark the tunnel may seem - he again will show why he's Alberto Contador ;)

And remember the team is having a team training camp in Corsica (?) for the riders starting in Paris-Nice and Tirreno-Adriatico which can be a good thing, yes?

#believeinalberto :D
 

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
5,123
0
0
up with a new king Christopher Froome. Glory Glory, Chris! Give a way to a new king. He goes!!!

All this talk about Froome being the new king and he has not won a grand tour to this point.
No difference. Tirreno will be won by a guy who is stronger today rather has has more GT's in the bag.
 
Afrank said:
To be fair, he hasn't really been given the chance. 2011 Vuelta, even when in the leaders jersey he was still forced to work for Wiggins which resulted in him losing valuable time on stage 11. 2012 Tour he had to again work for Wiggins. and 2012 Vuelta he was too tired from the Tour to contend for the top step.
Not just the tour, he was part of Brailsford's Plan A/Z Cav for Gold and burned serious energy chasing down the break, then did the Time Trial a few days later, again going all out for a medal. Contador was fit as a fiddle after his cheat ban.

The only time they've raced on a level playing field as fit GC contenders was last week.
 
Jul 29, 2012
11,703
3
0
airstream said:
up with a new king Christopher Froome. Glory Glory, Chris! Give a way to a new king. He goes!!!
You should get a new avatar.

Although I think you'll keep this forever, the troll for Contador-fans.
 

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
5,123
0
0
Miburo said:
You should get a new avatar.

Although I think you'll keep this forever, the troll for Contador-fans.
Support one of two is my prerogative. You dislike the way I'm doing this? That's weird since you make some praises and deifications in a far more severe manner. ;) Say, the fact that Contador allegedly sacrificed the Mont Ventoux stage win for Armstrong... it was too much


Don't forget that Froome was riding in a level playing field in the 11 Vuelta in the third week. And he showed himself as a brilliant climber. A magnificent one.
 
Jul 29, 2012
11,703
3
0
airstream said:
Support one of two is my prerogative. You dislike the way I'm doing this? That's weird since you make some praises and deifications in a far more severe manner. ;) Say, the fact that Contador allegedly sacrificed the Mont Ventoux stage win for Armstrong... it was too much


Don't forget that Froome was riding in a level playing field in the 11 Vuelta in the third week. And he showed himself as a brilliant climber. A magnificent one.
The only reason why you've this avatar is to troll Contador-fans :D
 
sacrifice&hardwork said:
KEEP THAT FAITH AND HOPE ALIVE LaFlo and virandociclista!!! :)

Always have faith in Alberto, no matter how dark the tunnel may seem - he again will show why he's Alberto Contador ;)

And remember the team is having a team training camp in Corsica (?) for the riders starting in Paris-Nice and Tirreno-Adriatico which can be a good thing, yes?

#believeinalberto :D
Yes I hope they do some hard training in Corsica, hopefully we will also find out who will ride TA, I'm hoping for Manuele, Bennati and Mickey Rogy for the team tt
 
Aug 3, 2009
1,562
0
0
SafeBet said:
No way. I think many posters around here overestimate Nibbles potential. I love him for his attitude, but he's not the biggest talent around. Still I wouldn't picture an aging Horner as a big threat for him in a stage race.
I think Nibali has a shot in a race like this. Top tier GT contenders might or might not want to go all out, race in Italy, one of the stronger teams in a TTT to support him, he is pretty decent in ITT, etc.
 
Roude Leiw said:
I think Nibali has a shot in a race like this. Top tier GT contenders might or might not want to go all out, race in Italy, one of the stronger teams in a TTT to support him, he is pretty decent in ITT, etc.
Nibali has a shot in many races similar to the T-A one, but I think Froome and Contador will enter this event with one objective: Win.
 
May 28, 2012
2,779
0
0
Roude Leiw said:
I think Nibali has a shot in a race like this. Top tier GT contenders might or might not want to go all out, race in Italy, one of the stronger teams in a TTT to support him, he is pretty decent in ITT, etc.
On paper his team is alright, but in reality his team is in terribe form. At least, that's what you can conclude with their results in the preparation races. Nibali is the only one who I've seen getting a result. He should be happy if he podiums this race, Rodriguez, Contador, Froome, Evans, they were all better in Oman. He should count on a surprise attack, or just a miracle.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS