• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who wins the 2014 Giro?

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who wins the 2014 Giro?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Is it really out of the question that Quintana will ride this? What if there are 2 TTs like in 2012 at the Tour? Froome will own him.

I think in this circumstance he would be better of going for it and giving himself the best opportunity to get that first GT to his name. He didn't rule it out and he seems to be rightly reserving his aims for next year due to the possibility of this happening judging by his comments after the route announcement.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
gooner said:
Is it really out of the question that Quintana will ride this? What if there are 2 TTs like in 2012 at the Tour? Froome will own him.

I think in this circumstance he would be better of going for it and giving himself the best opportunity to get that first GT to his name. He didn't rule it out and he seems to be rightly reserving his aims for next year due to the possibility of this happening judging by his comments after the route announcement.

Quintana isn't going to ride the Tour, its just some friendly words to the Italian public. Gazzetta uses it, and change it into a 'almost certainty' that the is going to start. Unzue has make clear that Quintana is their leader in the Tour, probably Piti could be in the Giro next year.

Netserk said:
How about one minute in real time and another in bonus seconds?

Maybe but if breaks succeed the bonuses are gone and when Rodriguez attacks in the mountains it's usually close to the finish. The long TT is vital for Rodrigez. If he does a mediocre ride like he sometimes does in the TT he could lose the race on that stage. I wouldn't mind seeing Rodriguez win a GT but if Sky pick a good team to support Porte it won't be easy. I think it will be an interesting race and not the one sided affair like Nibali's win this year. Should be a real battle for the podium with many riders fancying their chances knowing they can dodge Froome, Quintana and Contador in the Tour.

TRENDING THREADS