• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who would you like to win the Vuelta 2012?

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Yes thats right, not who you think, but who you would like to win

EDIT: somehow the poll didnt make it into the thread. Maybe the mods can copy/paste the poll from the "who do you think will win" thread?

For my part I hope for Bertie, mainly cos I miss his attacking style after 6 months absense and a boring Tour. But tbh looking at the lineup and the route its bound to be an attacking rider who takes this, so the entertainment should be ensured.

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Cimber said:
Yes thats right, not who you think, but who you would like to win

EDIT: somehow the poll didnt make it into the thread. Maybe the mods can copy/paste the poll from the "who do you think will win" thread?

For my part I hope for Bertie, mainly cos I miss his attacking style after 6 months absense and a boring Tour. But tbh looking at the lineup and the route its bound to be an attacking rider who takes this, so the entertainment should be ensured.

From the poll options on the other thread, I would like Igor Antón to win. Hopefully he can stay healthy and crash-free for three weeks. He hasn't raced much this year, so the Vuelta has obviously been his main goal. I really hope he can upstage Contador's big comeback to take the red jersey, though I think Bert will do it.

Joaquim_Rodriguez_2196746b.jpg

:)

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Caruut said:
I think the OP's question was specifically out of the 9 riders on the "Who do you think...?" poll.

Nah, man. He just said who do you WANT to win. I want Talansky to win as my 1st choice, and DeGendt as my 2nd choice.

But if Vino shows up to ride and shows everybody his rear wheel, I'd be happy too. :D :D

4 options for me.
Contador because it would mean he is back/ i like him.
Gesink because i feel sorry for his crashes.
Froome so he can be leader at the TDF next year ( over Wiggins ).
JROD as he should win a GT eventually and i like how explosive he is.

TRENDING THREADS