• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who would you like to win the Vuelta 2012?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Froome, just because he's awesome. :D

See some other poster said Roche. That would also be cool, may well need a miracle for that to happen though.

Honest answer: Contador
Really dishonest anwer: Froome
He really deserves to win it anwer: Igor Anton (after 2010)
I'd be ****ing cool if he won answer: Bauke Mollema
First rider in my head anwer: Johnny Hoogerland
Vino anwer: Vino duuh
Selfish anwer: Me, duuh

nuff said

Quintana - saw him in Murcia in March when he was brilliant and he has only got better since. Really just want to see him allowed to show what he can do on the climbs.
I am hoping for some exciting racing.

Also hope Cobo at least makes a show to silence all the critics.

Definitely don't want to win: Contador.

Not because I dislike him: he's undoubtedly one of the most exciting racers to watch, and his record can only inspire admiration.

Not directly because of beefgate: I think I'm sanguine enough to know that he has probably done little more, and little less, in that regard than most others.

But because of the highly creative calculation of the duration of 2 years. A two year ban should be from the notification of adverse finding: that means two years from 26 August, and that means he should not be riding. A cowardly decision by CAS, based on double-counting the duration of the initial ban imposed by the RFEC.

Armchair cyclist said:
Definitely don't want to win: Contador.

Not because I dislike him: he's undoubtedly one of the most exciting racers to watch, and his record can only inspire admiration.

Not directly because of beefgate: I think I'm sanguine enough to know that he has probably done little more, and little less, in that regard than most others.

But because of the highly creative calculation of the duration of 2 years. A two year ban should be from the notification of adverse finding: that means two years from 26 August, and that means he should not be riding. A cowardly decision by CAS, based on double-counting the duration of the initial ban imposed by the RFEC.

I don't care if Contador wins but I agree about the ban. Strange one.I would like to see Gesink win but I know he won't so I hope Froome wins simply because he could have won the last two grand tours he rode.

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to see Igor Antón win it. 2010 looked to be his year before crashing out. I'd really love to see Euskaltel finally get a Grand Tour win. Those guys generally make races fun to watch.

If Antón can't win it, I'd like to see Joaquim Rodríguez win. He's just an all-around likable bike racer. If Katusha rides the TTT like they did in the Giro, he'll have a decent shot at good finish.

If Purito can't win it, then Thomas De Gendt is my next favorite. I like this guy's style.

I'm pretty sure Alberto is gonna win it, though, and I won't mind that at all.

May 24, 2010
Visit site
movingtarget said:
I don't care if Contador wins but I agree about the ban. Strange one.I would like to see Gesink win but I know he won't so I hope Froome wins simply because he could have won the last two grand tours he rode.

Agree with that hair brained idea? Please! Those idiots should have notified him in July. That's all that stupid idea deserves. It's over. GET OVER IT! Move on.

Viking said:
I'd like to see Igor Antón win it. 2010 looked to be his year before crashing out. I'd really love to see Euskaltel finally get a Grand Tour win. Those guys generally make races fun to watch.

If Antón can't win it, I'd like to see Joaquim Rodríguez win. He's just an all-around likable bike racer. If Katusha rides the TTT like they did in the Giro, he'll have a decent shot at good finish.

If Purito can't win it, then Thomas De Gendt is my next favorite. I like this guy's style.

I'm pretty sure Alberto is gonna win it, though, and I won't mind that at all.

Anton needs a good performance to kickstart his career. I would like to see him do well. Rodriguez had a much better Giro than I thought he would and found the consistency he needed over the three weeks. De Gendt was also impressive and this race could be very interesting. Hope Gesink shows something as well.

therealtimshady said:
Anyone think Chris froome looks like tintin
FROOME.jpg
rebellin-davide-2008_139136250.jpg

Doesn't such a comment belong to the Clinic? :p

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
therealtimshady said:
Explain??

Anyhow I think froome has got a great chance of victory

you hope he has a great chance, there's a difference. Contador should destroy everyone. There's no reason why he shouldn't and don't argue that he has a lack of competition.

Giro '08, just saying...

TRENDING THREADS