• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who would you prefer to be right now? Lance or Floyd.

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Granville57 said:
Here you go. That's probably what you meant to say. ;)

He would first have to be convicted in a court of law, not a court of Internet forums.

If Armstrong falls, professional cycling falls....(not that that would bother me one way or another) Sponsors would be running for the doors.

A

Anonymous

I wouldnt want Floyds past. I wouldnt want Lances future. ;)

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Landis for sure.

Lance is dead meat when the cancer community find out he was hogging EPO they could have used to save lives, to win bicycle races.......

May 26, 2010
Visit site
enrecul said:
Landis for sure.

Lance is dead meat when the cancer community find out he was hogging EPO they could have used to save lives, to win bicycle races.......

that is going to be interesting to watch and i wonder is that a motivation for Novitsky and the feds that these guys are using cancer drugs for sport and depriving cancer patients....

May 5, 2009
Visit site
MR_Sarcastic said:
If Armstrong falls, professional cycling falls....(not that that would bother me one way or another) Sponsors would be running for the doors.

everybody who can add 1+1 knows what's been going on in pro sports. i can't imagine that pharmstrong outcome will change anything. the centre of pro cycling, i.e. major races and sponsors are still europe based and apart from the members of the yellow-wristband sect, the majoritiy of the public (at least my impression) has no doubt that liestrong was as doped as all his contenders, so confessing or conviction of LA should not be a major thing. just my 2 cents.

personally, i'd prefer to be floyd. 2 balls. clear conscious.

on the other hand, had i lance's money, i called a press conference today and would tell the guys:

"everybody with a brain knows what's been going on in professional sports and cycling. yeah, i did what all the others did. so while i did not cheat any of my contenders, i nevertheless apologise for my lies, for incorrectly deceiving public and sponsors. everybody makes mistakes. i'm not different. the fact that i was never caught shows, that something must be changed in the system. i hope my confession might turn around things in today's cycling and give a chance to young riders to fight for victory in a clean field. floyd, respect for the guts to come out with the truth."

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
MR_Sarcastic said:
In America and South Australia maybe everywhere else no.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
that is going to be interesting to watch and i wonder is that a motivation for Novitsky and the feds that these guys are using cancer drugs for sport and depriving cancer patients....

Lance stopped using EPO well before the Great EPO Shortage when all those deprived cancer patients perished for lack of meds.

Floyd v Lance

A popularity contest for ex pro racers? Well, OK. . .

Floyd milked "I didn't do it" for all it was worth. Now he's milking "I did it for all it was worth." Floyd is unregenerate: He said that he'd dope all over again--just that he wouldn't lie about it after he got caught. That makes no sense to me in any principled way. Doping at that level involves a long pattern of lying--not just the last big lie after you get caught. Floyd is all relativistic about his lies. His goal in life now is apparently to cop a big legal score against his former associates. Floyd's ostracised from the pro cycling community, he's lost his best friend, and his wife divorced him. I don't think I would want to be Floyd.

Lance is a rich famous jerk. He may or may not suffer a publicity setback in the future. There is zero indication that Lance will ever be convicted of anything, and even less indication he will do time. I'd like Lance's money, and I'd take his legal and publicity chances, but there is no way I could stand his personality. Opening that Pandora's Box would be a mistake.

I'd rather be neither.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
MR_Sarcastic said:
He would first have to be convicted in a court of law, not a court of Internet forums.

Oh dear. Cycling will not fall if Armstrong falls, even McQuaid has seen that.

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
wow some of you are so dumb flandis failed at blackmailing his way back into the sport after that failed he came out 'to clear his mind' had the blackmail worked we would not be discussing this. its funny how hatred for one (la) can blind those to the blatant failings of another as example published books the floyd fairness fund threats about child molestations against lemond etc... then failed black mail what a pos sad others cant see it. whats funny is if you explain what went down to any none cyclist they will immediately hate flandis as he made lots of money and then lied profusely then **** in his own back yard naming names after failed blackmail utter scum. its cool i will not have to see him at races anymore he can enjoy obscurity his divorce and drinking he deserves it.

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:
One has all the money in the world, a foundation, fame, 7 Tour titles. However won't admit all of this came by deception and its about to be indicted for a Federal trial which will be very expensive and probably result in a prison term.

The other is broke, owes money to lawyers, will be probably be charged with perjury, is considered untrustworthy but has confessed all his sins and is free as a bird.

Who would you rather be right now? Floyd or Lance.

I would prefer to be Tyler.

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
forty four said:
wow some of you are so dumb flandis failed at blackmailing his way back into the sport after that failed he came out 'to clear his mind' had the blackmail worked we would not be discussing this. its funny how hatred for one (la) can blind those to the blatant failings of another as example published books the floyd fairness fund threats about child molestations against lemond etc... then failed black mail what a pos sad others cant see it. whats funny is if you explain what went down to any none cyclist they will immediately hate flandis as he made lots of money and then lied profusely then **** in his own back yard naming names after failed blackmail utter scum. its cool i will not have to see him at races anymore he can enjoy obscurity his divorce and drinking he deserves it.

Grammar and spelling issues, lack of capitalization and poor sentence structure prevented me from understanding this post but I gather generally that you are quite bitter about something.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
I would rather be Lance, bling, style,game. Floyd, oh not so much.

I do not like Flandis for blackmailing and not answering his hacking warrant.

As far as honesty, Lance is more honest than Floyd. Not saying much, but oh well.

+ Lance has a good future and family. Again Floyd not so much.

Apr 7, 2009
Visit site
forty four said:

Uh...exactly how many PROS have come out and DENIED what Floyd said and called him liar? (Besides Lance)

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Sorry. No way Floyd.
I couldn't sleep anymore if I had betrayed others and myself.
This might be connected to my childhood, where sneaks were unpopular.
The sandbox-omerta :D

Always Lance, but one day would be enough. His lifesytle would be to stressful for me. First thing I would do, is to send one of these nice bikes to flicker, RaceRadio, Polish, and perhaps thehog.
47796-Fairey_02.jpg

And here is another huge difference - Floyd has to ask flicker, RaceRadio, Polish and thehog for a bike.

After that I would send a christmas card to Simeoni, Floyd, Lemond, Bassons and of course Bordry.

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Floyd wins

1: Floyd has 100% credibility now, as opposed to 12 months ago
2: Did Floyd attempt to wreck Greg's business? nope
3: Can Floyd look Betsy or Greg in the eye? yep
4: Floyd helped Novitzky - lots of cred here
5: Did Floyd harras another rider during any tour to uphold the omerta? nope

This is a slam dunk, Floyd wins easily

The OP has not commented yet. Your turn hog

cheers

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I'd rather be Lance, but in his shoes I'd also be smart enough to take up residence in a country that didn't have an extradition treaty with the USA and then pull a Riis in another few years.

I don't think Mr. Armstrong's ego will allow him to do that, however.

edit: Lance has a good future and family. Ha! Which one? He's not as bad a family man as Charlie Sheen, maybe.

TRENDING THREADS