Who would you trust to run a clean cycling team?

Sep 22, 2012
542
0
0
Who would you trust to run a clean cycling team?

With Bruyneel and probably White gone from teams who is there who does not have links to doping who could run teams?
Who of those who did dope would you trust?
 
Jun 13, 2009
212
0
0
Mad Elephant Man said:
Who would you trust to run a clean cycling team?

With Bruyneel and probably White gone from teams who is there who does not have links to doping who could run teams?
Who of those who did dope would you trust?
I think Dave Brailsford. Because I'm British and I must support him unquestioningly and he's said countless times he's clean and believes in clean. So he must be right. Yeah that's right.

WIGGOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Jul 14, 2012
168
0
0
I say Vaughters as well. In Tyler's book, Vaughters is portrayed as a person who did not like doping. He was very paranoid and wanted to get away from it. That is why he inevitably left the team, according to Tyler.
 
Sep 29, 2012
12,197
0
0
Bratam said:
I say Vaughters as well. In Tyler's book, Vaughters is portrayed as a person who did not like doping. He was very paranoid and wanted to get away from it. That is why he inevitably left the team, according to Tyler.
Didn't like doping or didn't like training and racing hard? Is he earning more now as a manager than a rider? If so, there's the reason he left, not coz he didn't like doping. He's smarter than the average rider and probably saw team managers getting soft and fat and earning more than he did and decided to go another route.

Plus he had a high hct naturally (allegedly) so his doping boost was diminished significantly. His results are not all that great, according to wiki.

It's my theory he just wasn't cut out for the pro rider life and the doping was but a minor component of his inability to stick it out.
 
Oct 16, 2010
19,912
1
0
Arguably, Sky is as obvious as USPS was.
Yet Vaughters goes on the record several times standing up for Sky, Wiggins and marginal gains.
:rolleyes:
 
Oct 16, 2010
19,912
1
0
Lanark said:
Vaughters. As much as a DS can guarantee a clean team.
Bratam said:
I say Vaughters as well. In Tyler's book, Vaughters is portrayed as a person who did not like doping. He was very paranoid and wanted to get away from it. That is why he inevitably left the team, according to Tyler.
Arguably, Sky's fraud is as obvious as USPS's.
Yet Vaughters goes on the record several times standing up for Sky, Wiggins and marginal gains.
:rolleyes:

plus, there is no way wiggins 2009 was clean beating several admitted dopers and losing only 30 seconds on the biggest doper of all times.
 
Jul 28, 2009
898
0
0
sniper said:
plus, there is no way wiggins 2009 was clean beating several admitted dopers and losing only 30 seconds on the biggest doper of all times.
That's far to simplistic an analysis. LAs doping in 2009 isn't in the same league as pre-2005 because the controls were better and you couldn't use the full armament. I have no problem with the possibility that a naturally gifted younger athlete could match an old doped one. Without doping LA would have been struggling to get in the top 10,
 
May 26, 2010
28,144
2
0
Anyone can be a clean DS, it is all down to the transparency isn't it.

None of the current lot have ever truly being open and honest about their past, even JV, but he used the USADA investigation as an excuse, when his doping was quite a small part of it.

I pick Graham Obree to be the only trust worthy DS, but i doubt he would be interested. He is to independent and fabously eccentric for the job:cool:
 
Oct 16, 2010
19,912
1
0
rata de sentina said:
That's far to simplistic an analysis. LAs doping in 2009 isn't in the same league as pre-2005 because the controls were better and you couldn't use the full armament. I have no problem with the possibility that a naturally gifted younger athlete could match an old doped one. Without doping LA would have been struggling to get in the top 10,
the top 10 behind wiggo was doped AND naturally gifted:

5. Fränk Schleck (LUX) Team Saxo Bank +6' 04"
6 Andreas Klöden (GER) Astana +6' 42"
7 Vincenzo Nibali (ITA) Liquigas +7' 35"
8 Christian Vande Velde (USA) Garmin +12' 04"
9 Roman Kreuziger (CZE) Liquigas +14' 16"
10 Christophe Le Mével (FRA) Française des Jeux


also, If wiggo is naturally gifted, what does that make of Froome? a freak of nature?
 
sniper said:
the top 10 behind wiggo was doped AND naturally gifted:

5. Fränk Schleck (LUX) Team Saxo Bank +6' 04"
6 Andreas Klöden (GER) Astana +6' 42"
7 Vincenzo Nibali (ITA) Liquigas +7' 35"
8 Christian Vande Velde (USA) Garmin +12' 04"
9 Roman Kreuziger (CZE) Liquigas +14' 16"
10 Christophe Le Mével (FRA) Française des Jeux


also, If wiggo is naturally gifted, what does that make of Froome? a freak of nature?
I can easily buy into Schleck (failed test), Kloden = JB and Telekom, CVV admitted.

But what is the evidence against Nibali, Kreuziger and Le Mevel? Did I miss something?
 
May 26, 2010
28,144
2
0
The Italian 2 year long investigation into Ferarri should bring alot more names to light.

I expect Nibali to be among them.
 
Marc Madiot. I believe FDJ is clean without the fanfare and PR.

Vaughters too comes across as trying to implement a clean cycling culture, and despite some forumites skepticisms I would give him the benefit of the doubt

AG2R, despite the recent EPO bust of Houanard is a team I would believe in.
 
Benotti69 said:
The Italian 2 year long investigation into Ferarri should bring alot more names to light.

I expect Nibali to be among them.
Some interesting names are mentioned in the Bertagnoli affidavit.

Basically almost every rider who rode for Liguigas before 2008 and the Lampre riders will be under intense scrutiny.
 
Jul 14, 2012
168
0
0
I say Johan Bruyneel. Surely he has learnt his lesson and can now be trusted to run a clean cycling team ! LOL just kidding
 
Oct 2, 2012
152
1
0
Bob Stapleton.

goggalor said:
I'm struggling to think of any. Certainly no former dopers.
Why not former dopers? I would think a repentant doper could be an effective choice as they understand the motivation and mechanics of doping.

There's a certain undercurrent attitude here that once a doper, always a doper. I don't believe that has to be true.
 
Repentant dopers are definitely effective, because

1) They will be able to fully educate the riders on the consequences and ill effects of doping, having faced it themselves.

2) They may able to judge changes in behavior, identify warning signs better. and if guys are doping behind his back, should have a better chance of identifying it.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BlueRoads The Clinic 2

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS