• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who'll get caught at this year's Tour?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
gradually improving as a rider overall and performing better and better in GT's since becoming a pro = suspicious, will be caught this year (Nibali)

at 28 magically losing 10 kilos without losing any power and suddenly becoming a GT rider = doesn't even raise a little bit of suspicion (wiggins)

demotivational-posters-seems-legit19.jpg

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Parrulo said:
gradually improving as a rider overall and performing better and better in GT's since becoming a pro = suspicious, will be caught this year (Nibali)

at 28 magically losing 10 kilos without losing any power and suddenly becoming a GT rider = doesn't even raise a little bit of suspicion (wiggins)

demotivational-posters-seems-legit19.jpg

Did Wiggins really lose 10kg? I know he lost some weight, but 10kg?

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
1) Some nobody.
2) Some big gun (Wiggo? Though I hope he's clean.), but we won't hear about it, or at least not for half a year.
3) Some Lancebuddy.

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
How's the relationship between the UCI and Rabobank? One doping case during le tour is easily enough to remove Rabobank as a sponsor from cycling. Not sure if the UCI would want that, though, it's a big sponsor which also has a woman's cycling team and an extensive development program.

If a Rabobank rider is caught, it will probably be a non-Dutch rider, as the UCI wouldn't want to destroy the growing Dutch cycling scene. My bet would be on LL Cool S: He's been training on his own a lot, thus it could easily be classified as an individual case resulting from improper management (not enough supervision, like the past Raboscandal).

Wynants is not so likely, as it would trigger questions about his former team, QS, and, of course, there may never rise any suspicion about the currently hottest team in cyling, OPQS. The UCI has a reputation of protecting those who are hot.

WillemS said:
Wynants is not so likely, as it would trigger questions about his former team, QS, and, of course, there may never rise any suspicion about the currently hottest team in cyling, OPQS. The UCI has a reputation of protecting those who are hot.

Then where were they when QSTP was failing all over the place? Ah, you mean that they are only doing dope when they are actually winning. Gotcha. ;)

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
Frosty said:
Been over two years since the last bio-passport fails. Maybe about time some more were announced? Cant see them doing it in the middle of the tour though.

Nah -- much better to do it just before the Tour, allowing some about-to-retire nobody to prompt the inevitable "the biopassport works!" BS...

http://bit.ly/OwRkhx

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Frosty said:
Been over two years since the last bio-passport fails. Maybe about time some more were announced? Cant see them doing it in the middle of the tour though.

VERY PROPHETIC. They announced one today for a Tour non-starter; consistent with their policy of beating up on the lesser lights of the peloton as enforcement window dressing.
My guess is Horner if he shows well...

Oldman said:
VERY PROPHETIC. They announced one today for a Tour non-starter; consistent with their policy of beating up on the lesser lights of the peloton as enforcement window dressing.
My guess is Horner if he shows well...

:cool: Just call me the insider. :cool:

(Only joking, complete coincidence, although i like to think my posts are that important that the UCI read them and take action based on them).:eek:

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Last year it was an Astana rider (name escapes me now) but he immediatley announced his retirement only to get off his positive, iirc

I guess this year will be a Katusha or Astana rider to test positive.

TRENDING THREADS