• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who's a future GT winner?

Who's a future Grand Tour winner?

• Thibaut Pinot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Andrew_M said:
I would add Rafal Majka to the list.

LOL. He ll be a great gregario but he hasnt demonstrated nothing yet to think he could be the leader of a team. I'd suggest Joseph Dombrowski and Wilco Kelderman.

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Zam_Olyas said:
Moreno Moser @ il Giro :) and given the recent history of track cycling background being important Australia will be dominating the Gt's in a few years :p
With future opponents like Pinot, Quintana, Froome, Nibali, Aru... I think is an impossible goal. He'll only have a tiny opportunity if he improves his climbing qualities and the route suits him like for Purito the Vuelta. He's a potential classics rider, the next Bartoli, and this is so much.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Voted for Froome, quintana, pinot and van garderen.

I've faith in van garderen although the tour will be difficult though unless he really improves and Contador retires lol

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Pinot is too early to say but he has a lot of potential so i say yes.

Froome, well yeah of course.

Quintana wins giro '14. I called it. He'll podium Giro'13, I've faith in him.

Pinot is already a decent bet on a Giro podium if he decides to ride it.
Gesink and JVDB have a shot in a poor field, balanced parcours Giro/Vuelta too.

I like TJVG and Froome for a future Tour.

Quintana has shown excellent promise but I need to see some more from him.

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Hello, new here folks, have been enjoying reading everyone's thoughts for a wee while now.

I would have added van den Broeck to my choices of Froome and van Garderen however I am beginning to feel that it may be unlikely now for Juergen with so many younger riders coming through.

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Obviously Froome, Van Garderen can win a TT heavy GT one day and Quintana shows a lot of potential so I expect he can win a Giro or Vuelta in a few years.
Also added Talansky, still bit too young but he has everything to win a GT someday only needs the experience and toughness for to survive the third week of a GT.

Froome is the obvious choice after 2 second places. Went for Pinot but its a massive shot in the dark as noone knows what his potential will be. JRod will have a good chance at one next year if he maintains this years form (depending on parcours)

Voted Froome, Pinot and Quintana.

Quintana will definitely win at least the Giro or Vuelta at some point and will probably also challenge for the Tour just because he's the best climber.

Pinot is great and his recovery is incredible so he's a logical choice. However, he will probably only focus on the Tour which might hurt him in his quest for GT victories.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
theyoungest said:
There are 10 other non-included youngsters at Thomas De Gendt's level.

Taylor Phinney is not one of them, I agree.

Probably 10 cowards who would rather suck wheel then ever dare to risk it all. We already have enough of those in this poll. ;)

TRENDING THREADS