• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who's having a big day tomorrow?

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
following my previous posts discussing how to dope and never return a positive test. Who had a transfusion and is going to nuke the rest of the peloton up the madeleine?

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Contador. It was a big surprise to see him surrender time to Long Face and he'll be keen to not have it happen again. He'll take risks.

Hell, Puyol rode his luck.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
Bruyneel teams have a long history of experiencing a dramatic recovery after a rest stage.

So Levi is gonna suck wheels even better tomorrow? Makes sense.

I think it's his massive head. It's attracted to rubber. His head is a rubber magnet.

Oh dear, I think I mighta seen Levi in one of 'those' films.

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Ryder Hesjedal, I love the guy, but over the past couple years with the rise of CVV, and Wigans (who is not as spectacular as he was last year). I have no doubt he'll have a big day Garmin might be some of the cleanest of the bunch but i dont think there is any exception from the norm for their GC guys.

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Sammy Sanchez. He showed he's in good form yesterday and rode pretty anonymously throughout the stage. Stage 9 with the big downhill finish after the summit suits his downhill flyer style.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
Bruyneel teams have a long history of experiencing a dramatic recovery after a rest stage.

Wow I just wasted about 30 minutes looking at past TDF races to see how his teams/riders did pre and post rest days in comparison to other teams/riders. Nothing to see...

goober said:
Wow I just wasted about 30 minutes looking at past TDF races to see how his teams/riders did pre and post rest days in comparison to other teams/riders. Nothing to see...

Bottle disagrees with you.

9. CONTADOR VELASCO Alberto 04'40"
10. RASMUSSEN Michael 04'40"
12. EVANS Cadel 05'36"
15. LEIPHEIMER Levi 05'36"

1. RASMUSSEN Michael 6h23'21"
2. LEIPHEIMER Levi 26"
3. CONTADOR VELASCO Alberto 35"
4. EVANS Cadel 43"

Sorry, the above is incomplete without also comparing the Time Trials.

1. EVANS Cadel 1h07'48"
5. POPOVYCH Yaroslav 01'02"
6. CONTADOR VELASCO Alberto 01'04"
8. LEIPHEIMER Levi 01'25"

1. LEIPHEIMER Levi 1h02'44"
2. EVANS Cadel 51"
4. POPOVYCH Yaroslav 02'01"
5. CONTADOR VELASCO Alberto 02'18"

If Levi could recreate that form he showed in the 3rd week of 2007 he'd be a multiple GT winner by now.

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
mitochondrion said:
following my previous posts discussing how to dope and never return a positive test. Who had a transfusion and is going to nuke the rest of the peloton up the madeleine?

I don't think there was anyone who really stood out... odd!