• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who's the sprint King..?

Who's sprint king come July

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I know the answer myself as he seems to have that extra kick, but would love to see a real close fought fight for green at the tour this year. Can the Germans et al stop Cav?

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Cav is king because he is a great leader of WT
or
Cav is a great leader (the team work and he does not disappoint) so he is king

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
What have Greipel and Sagan done in this still very young season that tells us they are suddenly on par with Cavendish in sprinting?

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
cineteq said:
Did you watch the Tour last year by any chance? Anyway, Greipel should easily win this year most of the times they'll face each other.

I look forward to having this as my signature come July ;)

I expect Cav with a team around him, even against Greipel's well oiled Lotto train, to dominate the sprints that matter this season.

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Cavendish's career results have been in a different league. But...

Greipel and lotto-belisol looked dominant in the TDU whereas Cav's 2013 wins have been messy and close.

It will be great watching two very strong, dedicated sprint teams with the two top sprinters going head to head and they will surely both get stages at the tdf. I guess it will be a bad year for breakaway riders. It looks like this will be the first time they will be going properly head to head in dedicated teams over the whole race.

This years tdf will answer the question forever!

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
cineteq said:
Did you watch the Tour last year by any chance? Anyway, Greipel should easily win this year most of the times they'll face each other.

I did watch the Tour, and I saw nothing to indicate that Greipel had caught up to Cav in sprinting. Cav didn't have a great team to lead him out. And the only stage Greipel won that Cav also contested, he started his sprint from too far back. The other stages Greipel won Cav wasn't even there. This year Cav will have a dedicated leadout team focused completely on him winning sprints in the Tour, so more often than not I think we'll see him beating Greipel.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
King Boonen said:
Yawn. 10 char...

789.jpg

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
spalco said:
I'm a big Cavendish fan, but I have to admit, Greipel did look stronger in last year's Tour overall to me, but he had a lot of factors in his favour.

He did indeed. I think will be a close battle this year, but as already said Cavs the greater overall. I was just curious to see if there were anymore sprinters that people thought could really challenge. It does seem like a 3 horse race to me though.

TRENDING THREADS