• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Why I liked the old site better

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 14, 2009
Visit site
Often times I would be a bit behind on races, either having them on the DVR or watching them archived online.

The front page of cyclingnews was great because you could still get the stage info for races (i.e. profiles) from the left-hand side without having to worry about spoiler information. Now there's no chance of that, and it's a shame. I thought this was a great feature for those of us who, because of work or whatever, had to watch races in a time-delayed manner.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
I'll be gone as a reader if this is the new cyclingnews. I stopped reading VeloNews a long time ago for that very reason. I had friends send me the links to the Giro coverage since Universal Sports put the winner's name beside the video link.

What fun is watching or reading race coverage of a race when you know the result? If the winner is one of a break, then you know the break stuck. If it's Cavendish, you know it was a field sprint and that suicide break got eaten with a few K to go... So much for the suspense.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
all over the place

the new site of cyclingnews is firstly to alike the bike rada site which isn't great. i wonder why they wouldn't want a more individual look to their site. it is also very cluttered, all over the place and messsy. i don't like the results page where you have to click the down button to get all the riders names for each classification. it was more organised with the old way of looking at results. also the forum page could use a more newer look!

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Looks like I'll start going to Velonews 1st now.

No full results?

Spoilers?

Too much clicking now!

Sorry, the reason I came to solely to Cyclingnews no longer exists.

5+ year loyal reader no longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS