• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Why I'll Never Cheer for a British Team

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Galic Ho said:
Nobody with an iota of intelligence listens to the Fairfax or Murdoch owned media. Let alone about sport. Australians with brains watch and figure it out for themselves.

English. Buy a ticket, fill a seat and cheer. Or have a cry, like I said. You opened yourself up for suspicion by responding. To disprove suspicion, you should have shut your mouth. Add your name to the list and vote for Pedro champ. Or as I said, buy a ticket to something you've never seen before and watch an event.

I honestly don't care where the Aussies finish. Competing is good enough in my book. But then again, your comment and response implies the opposite. Not very bright are you?

I'm about to head over to the Olympics doping thread. Let me guess...you Melo, masters and the common ilk will be crying and deflecting for 50+ threads? Sad man. Sad. You don't like it, don't read it. You disagree, state so once. But you guys are gluttons for punishment, you just keep coming back. Think someone who ISN'T BRITISH is doping...use your brain and start a thread. Brits on this forum are hilarious or straight to the point. The Olympics are about fairness and everyone getting a chance. Not sullen sooks and bad sports. Falling off your bike is dumb. Leaves you open for a disqualification.

Oh and I'm the first one to call Aussies out for doping. Brits deflecting as I said are weak. Can't even call your own out. No, they attack the Brits who do. Heck Melo called someone who clearly isn't Wonderlance a blatant Troll. That's gotten many around here banned. Yeah, favouritism for Britain is ripe. Lap it up whilst you can.
I will attempt to answer in the style of Gallic Ho.

Cadel failed. What not programme anymore. Troll... What happened to your swimmers. Talked the talk and got nothing. Gutless.... No money for doping anymore?

Falling of the bike. "They make the rules, we have to do as we see fit." - Steve Waugh. Not so funny any more... Back to underarm bowling to beat the Kiwis. Looks like they are going to beat you in medals. Head of IOC says you are great. Must be...

Olympics are about fairness. What era you living in. Go back to the past. Stop your whinging. All my sentences. Must be short. Fours words or less...

the big ring

BANNED
Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Galic Ho said:
Poor. Disgusting attitude chump. Say that to an Aussie face to face.

FWIW, Jimmy: if you essentially repeated back to me what I had just said to you, you could say it to my face, no probs. I'd probably just agree and offer to buy you a coffee.

Garlic Ho doesn't speak for Australia, just himself.

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I find it ironic in a forum about doping I am being threatened with violence by someone exhibiting all the signs of 'roid rage.

And thank you Bing Ring, I'd take that coffee and then challenge you to a race

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
Don't be late Pedro said:

Cadel failed. What not programme anymore. Troll... What happened to your swimmers. Talked the talk and got nothing. Gutless.... No money for doping anymore?

Falling of the bike. "They make the rules, we have to do as we see fit." - Steve Waugh. Not so funny any more... Back to underarm bowling to beat the Kiwis. Looks like they are going to beat you in medals. Head of IOC says you are great. Must be...

Olympics are about fairness. What era you living in. Go back to the past. Stop your whinging. All my sentences. Must be short. Fours words or less...

To the mod who banned me for calling someone a troll. Apply the same to this sook. Ban now please or do everyone a favour and hand in your admin status. Do me a favour and send me a PM with your defence of your double standards. Seriously.:)

Evans and the mens road race! Bahahahah. GB lost a race almost everyone knew GB had claimed as there own. Australia was beaten by five other nations. Cav couldn't even win the sprint from the peloton. Many nations finished in front of them. Cadel isn't even my favourite rider genius. Far from it. No serious Aussie fan thought we'd do anything...get with the times and quite deflecting. You're **** hurt aren't you? Spaniards are my favourite riders per se. Nice try though. umad that Britain has adopted the new doping whipping horse logo? After all hrotha passed that one onto GB the other day. All cool bashing the evil Spaniards but not the precious Anglos!:p

Cricket!!! And you call me a troll! Bahahaha. This is a cycling forum with a focus on track cycling relating to Great Britain in this thread. Go start a cricket thread in your own time. Steve Waugh won how many world cups? How many Ashes campaigns? Nah, Australian of the Year award only goes to losers. Nice try, but as I said deflect champ. Keep deflecting. Doesn't change the FOCUS that keeps cropping up. GB and doping and whacked performances that make competitors look like they aren't trying. Or as Phil Liggett keeps saying, 'unbelievable, on another planet, amazing and out of this world, etc, etc.' It's not some accidental theme. There is a reason such language is used, the displays really are daring your eyes to believe a lie.

To all the Brits who have gotten their panties all twisted up this year about the nature of Clinic posts. Deal with it. Read what the home page of the forum states about the forum. This place was designed to talk about suspect and dodgy performances. Yet you Pedro, masters, mellow, Wallace and a plethora of brand new posters ALL exclusively UK posters have continuously found your way into a region of the forum you loath these past few months. You've generated pages and pages of useless jibber jabber and naive refutals. All because you disagree. But no, you state it again, and again and again. Note all you raging Brits...nobody will invite you to a team GB back slapping ceremony. You don't score brownie points for being a speaker box for the coaches and doctors who have doped their athletes and played plied the public with the same BS you've bought hook line and sinker. If you think you'll be paid (sexual favours are questionable given the way some have carried on here) or in cash for this fanboy love you are in for a shock. I say this because only a LOVER would ramble on so much. A true believer. A fanatic. A zealot. Those beyond hope and reason. Most of the guys/girls are spoken for, so you've missed one boat. Maybe team Sky need a new PR man? thehog might give them your number if you ask nicely?

Heck by Mellows own admission in another thread this past week, he's admitted to continuously returning DESPITE hating the content. What's up with that? Why do that? No, even better, how sad must a Brit be DURING a ONCE IN A GENERATION event like a home Olympics to go into a place like this that depresses and outrages you RATHER than watch the damn Olympics. No, that's not trolling is it?:rolleyes: No, it's absolutely pathetic that ANY Brit has come onto these forums, the Clinic especially to preach that team GB is clean when they could be watching them LIVE or watching TV in the middle of a Sunday afternoon. No it's clear to most of the posters who aren't GB fanboys who the sad ones are. Proof? Count your posts this past week. If you've been here every day you are pathetic and sad if you live in London or the UK and want to proclaim GB is clean. Ignore the comments and actually watch the Olympics. You won't get another one for a very long time. IGNORE the Clinic smart alec.

Me, I've been here today alone. One day after 9 days of Olympics and I live in the furthest location from the UK on the planet. I've been busy watching the games. You GB fanboys are sad man. I'd feel sorry for you if your idiocy wasn't so hilarious. I don't equate any of you possessing an IQ of note. Nothing over 110. Most in double digits. Would explain a lot, especially the part about you guys wasting your time here. Take it from someone worlds ahead of you intellectually, who had a home grown Olympics. Buy a ticket, go outside and have some fun. It really is an amazing experience...doping aside. Hop off the net and do yourself a favour.

Team GB deserves criticism. They are performing WELL above past levels. Many athletes well over their best. In an Olympic year. Most will disappear next year. Consistency is the key. Long term. You don't do that, too bad, you deserve to be questioned. Oh and the Aussies, Chinese, Americans, Jamaicans are far from clean. GB is the main focus though for obvious reasons you've heard again and again. Build a bridge, get to London and have some fun. Seriously...you've read this far and are going to reply...your trolling if your a Brit and you do.

Think Aussies choked? Cav did. Team Sky did. Brailsford did. Tom Daly did using your standard. Were you the classy fellow bashing the young man on twitter? Helen Jenkins stuffed up in the Triathlon, was a favourite to win. The Aussie Erin Densham didn't. Best form all year...she won a medal. Did Jenkins do a Cadel? Wait, Cadel was way off form on a course an Aussie had a smidgen of a chance of winning maybe a Bronze. GB said GOLD was guaranteed. It's about competing genius. Nothing more, nothing less. That's what counts. Winning a medal is a bonus. Gold, it's winning the jackpot. No discredit for those who don't. Your attitude is disgusting Pedro. Not because you have a go at Australia, but because by slatting one athlete who does not deliver, you by logic slander ALL who do not medal. That is pathetic. But as I said, I don't credit you with possessing any significant intelligence, because if you had any, this would be the LAST place you'd be during this once in a lifetime GB spectacle. Give me a call next time you are Down Under. Send me a PM, we will see if that can't be corrected. Australia is called the 'Clever Country' for a reason.:p

You think I hate team GB? Nope. Good on them for winning a lot of medals. Even the Gold. Even Wiggins. He was the fastest and I expected him to win. But don't insult the meaning and purpose of the Clinic. Just go elsewhere, go to an actual event FFS and have some fun. And as I've said many, many times, the Aussies are far from clean. It's about focus. Focus is on GB as a nation. They knew this and 'prepared' for it. Focus paying divends now. Not surprising. Same will happen to Brazil in 4 years time. They'll 'peak' too. Perhaps we should prepare for the inevitable influx of Brazilian samba loving fanboys.

Oh and you had the ball last year with Cadel. Could've had a swipe at him and BMC...you didn't. That's your fault, nobody elses.

Perhaps you all need to read this post because it's all true:

Benotti69 said:
I don't think posters should enter into discussions if they are upset that their nation, hero, favourite person is under suspicion, allegations made against or being discussed in a manner that implies illegal activity or doping.

If you cannot leave your emotions at the door you end up looking stupid getting into discussions on forums.

I find it strange and amusing that people believe their nation would not dope and there maybe 1 and only 1, if even, bad apple in the barrel!

We are discussing humans here and their propensity to cheat, lie and do all manner of terrible things has been proven reasonable doubt.

Get over yourselves. Go watch your Olympics cheer on your nations, athlete etc but dont come in here with indignation that it/they are being discussed as dopers.

Open your eyes.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
JimmyFingers said:
Funniest post I have read on here so far

Does anyone other than a Brit take you seriously?

Whats the matter champ? Did the British govt make it too expensive to buy a ticket to the Games? Is it that hard to get off your **** and watch the games rather than rush to team GB's defence? Nah, shouldn't expect that from someone who made an account in July 2012. That's not odd. Nor is your posting manner a shock either. Be greatful you got a reply. You should PM those guys names I dropped. Those who post in a similar manner to you. You're all on the one small island. Get together and pleasure yourselves privately and celebrate team GB.

Those of us on the forum who know what you are and how you operate won't hold our breath. You'll come back and exploit the leniency and technical oversights of certain mods. Actually Mellow said the forum was disrupted by certain posters. I agree. He failed to realise he's become one of them. You are to. Gluttons for punishment. You're the type of people who will wake up one day and your signifcant other has a) run off to Neverland, b) you come home and find your best mate balls deep c) get conned and taken for a suckers ride your entire lives. Your guys are so oblivious it's not funny. Life will be hard...very hard, if it hasn't already been. It's sadder than WonderLance and Arbiter ever were. They were aware of what they were doing. Give it a year, you guys will be ChrisE and Polish level.

You should seriously think about it. Those criticising GB have ALL ripped into their countrymen. They're not biased. They're balanced and being fair. They focus on the current flavour. That's Brits.

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Galic Ho said:
Perhaps you all need to read this post because it's all true:
The irony of you posting Benotti69's post under your 'response' is obviously lost on you.

And when I wrote

i.e. a post that makes little sense and addresses no real points.
You then show me how to really do it. Bravo.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
JimmyFingers said:
I find it ironic in a forum about doping I am being threatened with violence by someone exhibiting all the signs of 'roid rage.

You were never threatened. A real Aussie would simply beat the nine shades of $h1t out of you. Wake up. A real Brit would know this from following Aussie/English rivalry for a LONG time.

You were advised to find an Aussie (there are plenty in London right now) and see what they'd say to your face if you posed the attitude you've displayed on here to their face. Lucky for you Nick Darcy was told to leave GB. Last time someone said smack to him he rearranged their face in two punches. The victim was a team mate on the swimming team. Google his name. You were being WARNED from someone who would know what an Aussie would do to you in your own backyard if you ever found the gumption to call them losers for simply competing at an Olympic games. You know, if you actually manned up and talked the talk in person.

Short story, I was calling your bluff to prove whether you are a coward. You reply in this manner. I'm done here. You're no threat to anyone...actually you've shown your a lot like most of the British fanboys running around...bark worse than your bite. You proved everything I expected you would. You deflected and whined when challenged. You balked. Bravery? I think not.

But by all means go and threaten Cadel, he's still in London no doubt...you'll be SOO scared if you step on his dog!!!:p

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I really can't be arsed to read all of that but I'll just say I've always considered the sporting rivalry between Australia and England something special. Fierce yes, but ultimately respectful. I'm aware that Oz has a small population but always produce prodigious talent in sports, and often that talent has been a yardstick for us to match up to. When push comes to shove I'd cheer on an Aussie competitor, or Kiwi, unless there is a Bit there.

So your venom is unreturned, not interested in trading blows with you. I like banter with the best of them, but you choose to threaten me with violence which on the internet is ridiculous. Calm down pal

JimmyFingers said:

Eh. All GH is suggesting is an unlikely face to face conversation with him or a fellow Ausie. It's amazing what can be resolved then rather than over a keyboard.

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Galic Ho said:
You were never threatened. A real Aussie would simply beat the nine shades of $h1t out of you. Wake up. A real Brit would know this from following Aussie/English rivalry for a LONG time.

You were advised to find an Aussie (there are plenty in London right now) and see what they'd say to your face if you posed the attitude you've displayed on here to their face. Lucky for you Nick Darcy was told to leave GB. Last time someone said smack to him he rearranged their face in two punches. The victim was a team mate on the swimming team. Google his name. You were being WARNED from someone who would know what an Aussie would do to you in your own backyard if you ever found the gumption to call them losers for simply competing at an Olympic games. You know, if you actually manned up and talked the talk in person.

Short story, I was calling your bluff to prove whether you are a coward. You reply in this manner. I'm done here. You're no threat to anyone...actually you've shown your a lot like most of the British fanboys running around...bark worse than your bite. You proved everything I expected you would. You deflected and whined when challenged. You balked. Bravery? I think not.

But by all means go and threaten Cadel, he's still in London no doubt...you'll be SOO scared if you step on his dog!!!:p

You are truly bizarre. Has it been a while?

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
ferryman said:
Eh. All GH is suggesting is an unlikely face to face conversation with him or a fellow Ausie. It's amazing what can be resolved then rather than over a keyboard.

I know plenty of Aussies, but none of them of them are remotely like him. A one off it seems

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Galic Ho said:
... <snip rant>...
But as I said, I don't credit you with possessing any significant intelligence, because if you had any, this would be the LAST place you'd be during this once in a lifetime GB spectacle. Give me a call next time you are Down Under. Send me a PM, we will see if that can't be corrected.
... <snip more rant>...
I live in Sydney.

ferryman said:

The time when Brits could sort their own problems is long gone. These days they need to bring along their American friends, and that usually does not work out too well either. If you Aussies have a bit of endurance, you won't have much of a problem winning out in the end.

I always thought that knee jerk nationalist Americans with no sense of humor were funny, but daaaamn if the English are not even funnier. This thread is a hilarious example of hyper sensitive jingoism. I guess the British really do do comedy better than everyone..

iuh-54901659793.jpeg

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
ferryman said:
does it work both ways?

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Don't be late Pedro said:
The irony of you posting Benotti69's post under your 'response' is obviously lost on you.

And when I wrote

i.e. a post that makes little sense and addresses no real points.
You then show me how to really do it. Bravo.

Which real points was the poor guy meant to respond to?

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Caruut said:
Which real points was the poor guy meant to respond to?
So with no real points to address he still managed to write ten paragraphs of meaningless rubbish in response. Have you actually tried reading his posts? Still, no point wasting my time on it anymore.

May 21, 2010
Visit site
BroDeal said:
The time when Brits could sort their own problems is long gone. These days they need to bring along their American friends, and that usually does not work out too well either. If you Aussies have a bit of endurance, you won't have much of a problem winning out in the end.

I always thought that knee jerk nationalist Americans with no sense of humor were funny, but daaaamn if the English are not even funnier. This thread is a hilarious example of hyper sensitive jingoism. I guess the British really do do comedy better than everyone..

iuh-54901659793.jpeg

I think you'll find we dont need help because we dont get ourselves in trouble in the first place.
Hey but dont let history or facts get in the way of a good yarn.

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
well why can i say i hope one day we will found out how the British team did prepared for the Olympic some riders or never performed too good finished with gold medal the only one upset me the most hes WIGGINS or hes very talented on time trial all hes competitor or ride the tour with him many did not do the time trial cause they where over tired/ but WIGGINS did win all the grand tour did 245 kms in the front of the peloton for the road race then 3 days later smash all the riders against the time trial so how could be he never had a bad day what ever training you do hes impossible too sustain such heavy load on clean water . one day it will be caught has the others ,the cycling hes become a circle always someone come out of the blue with unbelievable result faster has never before.

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Fidolix said:
Britain should have been disqualified from Saturday's finals in lightweightdobbeltsculler where Mads Rasmussen and Rasmus Quist won gold.

So clear is the message from the Danish coach, Thomas Poulsen, who followed the drama closely, since one of the British shortly after the start of fell from his seat, after which the course was canceled and the judge called for restarting.
"The English should have been disqualified. Now I was just down there and saw it. He simply falls of the seat. It is a ro-error," says Thomas Poulsen.
Ro-error not mechanical damage
Within the first 100 meters, the roers are entitled to a Restart, if there is a material damage, but not if there is a fault of the roers themselves.
"So the Englishman hurries to take his seat up and say that there is something wrong with it."
"They should have been thrown out of the race," notes Thomas Poulsen of Britons who went on to win silver medals.

He rode like the other coaches along the lake to follow the race.
"I am running just behind the English coach, and he swears and svovler," says Thomas Poulsen.
"So the coach went over, and then he turned up the seat. There are some small holders and then screwed one of just to get it to look as if there was something wrong," says the coach.

France has subsequently applied for protest against the British, but the Danes have not, despite the fact that they agreed with the French to shut down a protest together.
The French boat came in fourth place.

It begins to look like the Brits are just poor sportmens with a terrible sportsmansship. Win at any cost seems to be the key word for them.

With regards to this incident, whether or not the integrity of the British double can be questioned, a disqualification would not have been the result of an upheld appeal. If the race umpire decided that there was nothing wrong with the British double's seat then a yellow card would have been issued. Same as if they had false started, been late to the start or (as has happened to a crew I was in once) been accused of ungentlemanly conduct. Question the sportsmanship of the incident (and I'm leaning towards the 'there wasn't really anything wrong' side) but for the French to be so upset and want them thrown out is simply wrong.

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Marva32 said:
After reading all of the information about how the Olympic team from Great Britain pushed the envelope of rules by having an ambiguous way to purchase the Olympic bikes through their website, to have the latest admission by the British team just makes me sick.

It may be in letter of the rules, but seems to violate the spirit of the Olympics.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/...-sprint_232933

They tried the same trick in rowing, faking a mechanical. Luckily they didn't succeed this time tho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZeTcqkV8Tg :D:D:D

Bet their wifes had left em when they got home.. :D