• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Why is Froome doing so much better than other dopers?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Why is Froome doing so much better than other dopers?

• He’s clean, and so are most of the riders. He’s just better currently

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Red Rick said:
His BP is a mess due to the bilharzia, and due to this he can blood dope full throttle without being caught, for this reason, his the best Sky rider, and Sky riders have access to dope other teams don't know about

That's what i think at least

I'm no expert on bilharzia, but can that actually medically happen?

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
He is not doing better than other dopers. His performances are near exactly what you expect of a doper..

Its just that this year his opponents aren't doped. ( aren't doped enough - if you prefer )

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
batchuba said:
He is not doing better than other dopers. His performances are near exactly what you expect of a doper..

Its just that this year his opponents aren't doped. ( aren't doped enough - if you prefer )

So he's the same level as Armstrong, Contador and Pantini when they're doped. That makes him pretty elite right?

Logic Al said:
After the fallout from Armstrong, what's in it for the UCI?

can only be a huge bribe from Sky to be worth the risk?

#1 The Armstrong scandal barely touched the UCI. Remember how Pat was giving interviews where the UCI was reluctant to enforce USADA's ban on FraudStrong? Until Wonderboy went on Doprah, they were still protecting the guy. Why? <shrug>

#2 What's in it for the UCI is more viewers in the UK and much more likely growth in viewers in African nations. The UCI is "growing cycling" like they did with Armstrong. What did the UCI get out of Armstrong's fraud? Tour of California and Colorado's race.

#3 The bribe doesn't have to ever arrive at the UCI. There is money passing underneath the table with UCI execs. We know it. Makarov stated the UCI insisted he had to pay a third party if he wanted to use the name "Tour of Russia" for an event he's been trying to get off the ground.

Combination of a few things I'd say. I think there's certainly some truth in Sky having the most cutting-edge training programmes and the most professional legitimate preparation. But we are talking about a rider who was an unremarkable journeyman pro on the fringes of the ProTour only 23 months ago and now is apparently the greatest sporting talent cycling has ever seen.

They have the same advantages as Armstrong had: plenty of money and logistical capability, and riders who are marketable in new territories which are attractive to the governing body - plus the added advantage of being able to learn from the mistakes of Armstrong. Remember Armstrong would probably have never been caught if not for his ridiculous comeback in 2009 plus all the enemies he needlessly made along the path of his career. It's an understatement to say that Brailsford is quite a bit cleverer than either Armstrong or Bruyneel; personally it would not surprise me if we never find out what really happened this last fortnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.