• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Why Is The Magila Rosa Pink?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Captain Chaos said:
:D You have no idea! I just finished my latest issues of Art Forum and Conde Naste so I decided to log back in and see if anyone who takes themselves way to seriously bit on my line and sure enough you did. I love goofing on forums with elitist snobs who always love preaching to the choir while not realizing they are chasing away the congregation. Then again don't we all love following a sport that the average dip **** can't comprehend.:rolleyes:

Fer shizzle! Thanks for dropping some Italian on me. I'm always looking for a chance to use the free on-line italian to english translator! How do you think I edumacated myself on what Tifosi meant!

BTW (By The Way) Pink is the new black, at least as of last year.:)

Well I don't read Art Forum and Conde Naste, so I guess that makes me less of a snob than you...;)

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
You read Conde Naste?

A google search shows their publications as follows:
Vogue
W
style.com
Glamour
Allure
Self
Teen Vogue
GQ
Details
men.style.com
Architectural Digest
Brides
Modern Bride
Elegant Bride
Brides.com
Lucky
Cookie
Golf Digest
Golf World
Vanity Fair
Gourmet
Bon Appétit
epicurious.com
Condé Nast Traveler
concierge.com
Wired
Wired.com
The New Yorker

Nothing screams poseur, self-absorption, and high maintenance like Conde Naste. Content wise, the closest thing remotely resembling anything with wheels is maybe a golf cart, car, or pizza wheel. Where's the love for cycling?

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Captain Chaos said:
:)

Who thought of that? It's hard enough out there for cycling fans in the US having to put up with crappy comments about "spandex" and what not. I don't care if pink is the new black.

what gives?

For a guy that has a cyclingforum, you need to do your homework. You said 'print is dead', so I assume you have a 'puter and are 'online'

Google or Yahoo things like 'Madison track racing' or 'Major Taylor' or La Gazzetta della Sport.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Captain Chaos said:
:)

Who thought of that? It's hard enough out there for cycling fans in the US having to put up with crappy comments about "spandex" and what not. I don't care if pink is the new black.

That's rich coming from the nation which has to wear shoulder pads to play football

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Cpt Chaos, you ever wonder why it is called a bicycle? Bicycle? Where is the second? And isnt tandem bicycle redundant?

Kinda like a pair of trousers...
...or jumbo shrimp.

benpounder said:
Cpt Chaos, you ever wonder why it is called a bicycle? Bicycle? Where is the second? And isnt tandem bicycle redundant?

Kinda like a pair of trousers...
...or jumbo shrimp.

Interesting discussion points but I'm not going to play the crack pot anymore on cyclingnews. Read my footer, you and goof with me there.

TRENDING THREADS