• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Why LA didn't win the Tour

Mar 15, 2009
Visit site
I have been watching tapes from last years Tour and carefully listening to the expert commentary from Phil and Paul. I have come to the conclusion that Lance lost the Tour because he forgot to pack his suitcase of courage...

Any other theories?

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
How can you believe Lance can beat Contador in our days .... Lance was out of stamina in all mountain stages. He had luck to beat Frank Schleck... Even he will be the leader of Radio Shack team he can`t win Le tour if Contador ,Andy Schleck,Frank Schleck or Cadel will be there...

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Chappy said:
I have been watching tapes from last years Tour and carefully listening to the expert commentary from Phil and Paul. I have come to the conclusion that Lance lost the Tour because he forgot to pack his suitcase of courage...

Any other theories?

I say you have opened your suitcase of courage Chappy, if you have been watching tapes and listening to commentary from Phil and Paul!! Notice I said commentary and not expert commentary....

1. He was 'playing the perfect teammate' for contador, not trying to respond when contador attacked

2. Contador disobeyed team orders by attacking all the time, when Astana riders were already ahead on GC by virtue of the TTT

3. He rode the Giro, when everyone knows the ToC is the superior preparation for the Tour

4. He has lower cadence than the rest of the peloton

5. He focused on the TdF less than the rest of the peloton

6. His will and desire was less than that of everyone else

TRENDING THREADS