• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Why no coverage of chris horner's 5th place finish

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
No because Horner is a better rider at this point of the tour.

When Lance crashed...the one that actually mattered...Horner went back and tried to pace him back. He made it look easy and was relax until it looked like Johan told him to go back up. If Horner hadn't been a domestique he'd be much higher up. The same can be said for a lot of guys in the tour, but no more obvious than Horner.

Horner already won País Vasco this year which is a pretty big notch on his resume. Of course Paul and Phil forgot about this in the coverage and made it sound as if he only wins crits in America.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
A few guys really 'won' with that breakaway. Horner made a nice gain on the overall. No reason to think Lance didn't contribute to that.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
More likely that he will get in trouble for not following the plan and winning the sprint - I mean clearly everyone was supposed to watch Lance and not Horner. Why else would Lance ride all that way and then completely stop pedalling with 50m to go?

Jul 17, 2010
www.traininspain.net
The great thing about Chris is that he races from February to October, gives it everything to win when he can and slips back to domestic duties when required.
He happens to be a neighbour of mine here in Denia, Spain, so that makes me a bit biased :)

A previous years ago I would have felt for Horner in this situation, but in the past 2 years he's become such a Yes Man sellout that I don't have any sympathy for him. Not that he needs any sympathy, since I suspect he knows exactly what he sold and to whom. As an older rider near the end of his career I suppose that's fair enough.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Martin318is said:
More likely that he will get in trouble for not following the plan and winning the sprint - I mean clearly everyone was supposed to watch Lance and not Horner. Why else would Lance ride all that way and then completely stop pedalling with 50m to go?

Can't sprint, baked from the early work of the breakaway, old, probably his cleanest tour ever with the heat on. But I suspect you knew all this.

Showing your hand awfully early after the BPC thread yesterday. Frankly, I don't care if the guy gets to post here or not, but there are some of us on the board who are frustrated with what counts as trolling on one side of what should be an objective discussion, is not treated as such on the other side of the debate. Forum moderation is definitely the culprit.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Weapons of @ss Destruction said:
A previous years ago I would have felt for Horner in this situation, but in the past 2 years he's become such a Yes Man sellout that I don't have any sympathy for him. Not that he needs any sympathy, since I suspect he knows exactly what he sold and to whom. As an older rider near the end of his career I suppose that's fair enough.

Except I've seen the guy sprint and he coasted that finish. I'm not sure he couldn't have taken the stage himself and that's bad for both he and LA.

TRENDING THREADS