• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Why publish this

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
This was published on the main news page of Cyclingnews.com:-

Lance Armstrong's girlfriend, Anna Hansen, gave birth to a baby boy named Max, on Thursday, June 4.

Armstrong announced the news through a posting on his Twitter account at approximately 11:15pm (EDT). "Wassup, world? My name is Max Armstrong and I just arrived. My Mommy is healthy and so am I!" the post read.

Armstrong also posted a picture of the newborn and announced that Max weighed seven pounds,five ounces and was 20 inches long.

Max Armstrong becomes the first child for the couple and the fourth for the seven-time Tour de France champion who has three children with ex-wife, Kristin.

May I respectfully ask the editors or anyone else what this has to do with cycling.

You will find that its done by cyclingnews whenever a cyclist (male or female) has a child born. Its a bit of good news for the person becoming the parent, be it for the first, second or three hundreth time.

May 8, 2009
Visit site
Big_Blue_Dave said:
You will find that its done by cyclingnews whenever a cyclist (male or female) has a child born. Its a bit of good news for the person becoming the parent, be it for the first, second or three hundreth time.

You are completely wrong (not really). As the original poster is inferring, it is just further evidence of the special treatment that LA receives, that CN loves Lance and supports doping.

A

Anonymous

Why start a thread to complain about something so trivial?

A

Anonymous

franciep10 said:
you couldn't help yourself could you:rolleyes:

No....I tried real hard.......in fact I even edited my original comment. Trust me, it was much worse.:D

Seriously, I have "RESTRAINT" tattooed in reverse on my chest so I see it in the mirror every morning. I still doesn't work.....that was a lot of pain for nothing.

May 1, 2009
Visit site
I love a good discussion about the overblown exposure Armstrong receives. Seriously i really do. And am fully prepared to even get my hands dirty in a bit of Lance bashing, just cos its fun. :D

But I think you are trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. I'm am almost positive that if Tom Boonen, Alberto Contador or George Hincapie (man, i reckon that would be an ugly baby, hehe) had a baby it would be on the front page.

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
boalio said:
I'm am almost positive that if George Hincapie (man, i reckon that would be an ugly baby, hehe) had a baby it would be on the front page.

FYI, George has two kids, a boy and a girl. Have you ever seen his wife Melanie? Quite possibly the best looking woman any pro cyclist has ever had the pleasure of being associated with. Hopefully they got more of her genes.;)

May 1, 2009
Visit site
RDV4ROUBAIX said:
FYI, George has two kids, a boy and a girl. Have you ever seen his wife Melanie? Quite possibly the best looking woman any pro cyclist has ever had the pleasure of being associated with. Hopefully they got more of her genes.;)

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/_photos/2006/09/03/hincapie.jpg

You are totally right! I stand corrected.

Hopefully they did get her genes. If she gave birth to a baby that looked like george, it would take 20 minutes just for the head to come out :D

Apr 2, 2009
Visit site
Big_Blue_Dave said:

Very good explanation!! It comes on like the local newspaper when they do this, it's ok. they just want to update cycling fans.

RDV4ROUBAIX said:

+1 on that RDV!!

A

Anonymous

Rosedale said:
This was published on the main news page of Cyclingnews.com:-

blahblahblah it was boring
May I respectfully ask the editors or anyone else what this has to do with cycling.

i could respectfully ask the original poster, or anyone else, what do comments about cycling news reporting a non cycling event have to do with the ROAD section.. one might have thought that someone who was so particular about what appeared where, might have found a more suitable location for this post, like the "about the website" section perhaps..

do i have to start a new thread there to moan about this thread.. :D

one could argue that if lances baby is non-cycling and therefore non-newsworthy, perhaps boonens non cylcing out of competition coke bust shouldnt have been reported either.. :D

Big_Blue_Dave said:

BikeCentric said:
No you will not find that at all, but nice try.

Ok, maybe not every cyclist, but the majority are reported in the news reports on the main page.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Seriously, I have "RESTRAINT" tattooed in reverse on my chest so I see it in the mirror every morning. I still doesn't work.....that was a lot of pain for nothing.

Well who is constantly looking at their chest in a mirror? Are you sure you're a cyclist and not a body builder? :D

A

Anonymous

ElChingon said:
Well who is constantly looking at their chest in a mirror? Are you sure you're a cyclist and not a body builder? :D

...oh I'm sure.........unless by "bulider" you mean getting fat....well, fat is a little harsh, but I'm not 30 anymore.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts