• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Why was Rasmussen blacklisted?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
CrueTrue said:
Those who can really should read the original interview: http://www.weekendavisen.dk/smarticle/view/2

It says a lot about MR's person.

A short 'recap' of it (from a different forum):
His comments are ridiculous stupid!

He is confused on the 50% crit limit and what you can take to get there.

What about being against the whereabouts system and the out of competition testing. This guy is officially saying I have always been and will always be a doper.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
New article:

He argued that his team knew exactly where he was at the time and they were wrong to fire him. He won 665,000 euro, a tenth of what his lawyers had requested.

Suddenly I don't feel so bad for him anymore o_O

That's more than if he'd won the TdF, right?

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
Christian said:
New article:

Suddenly I don't feel so bad for him anymore o_O

That's more than if he'd won the TdF, right?

The prize money from winning the tour is a small part of what you'll earn after winning the tour.
The rest is money for participating in criteriums, and a substantial increase in salary.

craig1985 said:
Dope or not, still it was great viewing.

Don't get me wrong, it was fun to watch. So were the attacks of the late 90's. My comment was more a statement that they were doped right out of their eyeballs. It's the old story - if it looks awesome and like someone is just hammering at a new level, there is a reason why. :p