• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Compared to mainstream opinion, the Clinic clearly is "extremist" or I would rather say "radical" to be more precise, which doesn't necessarily mean unreasonable, though, especially since actual historical facts have proven much of the mainstream wrong in the past on issues of doping.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Zam_Olyas said:
Why do some posters/readers think that The Clinic regular posters are all the same and do not have reasonable views? And that we are all extremist.

Attack ad hominem cause they don't know what to bring against an argument, isn't it obvious? ;)

Zam_Olyas said:
Why do some posters/readers think that The Clinic regular posters are all the same and do not have reasonable views? And that we are all extremist.

Because the loudest shouters in this place are all part of the clinic 12 group and they have more or less the same view. They think they are so smart but really the best posters in here are the likes of LS, hrotha, the Hitch, Le Breton and Dr.Mas (when you don't fall into one of his silly roundabout arguments) plus a few others.

The clinic 12 are all about lies, distortion and just randomly making things up to accuse people. They use the exact same distortion as what they accuse the riders of doing and whenever you call then out on it, they just get in a huff.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
it would be an interesting sociology study, to see how a firm like Public Strategies, seeds talking points into the media, and then these talking points are adopted by self-appointed deputies to defend their hero's innocence. For every intern at LiveStrong in Waco, whoops, i mean Austin, Texas, there are atleast their equivalent hitting up web fora with hollow threats to take legal action or suppress dialogue. those who were on Daily Peloton remember fondly bobkedeSubaru/hombre/bobke, Chris H, Whareagle, House, dBrower, Bill Hue, and others, who brought a very naive and neophyte pov to cycling and doping.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
pmcg76 said:
Because the loudest shouters in this place are all part of the clinic 12 group and they have more or less the same view. They think they are so smart but really the best posters in here are the likes of LS, hrotha, the Hitch, Le Breton and Dr.Mas (when you don't fall into one of his silly roundabout arguments) plus a few others.

The clinic 12 are all about lies, distortion and just randomly making things up to accuse people. They use the exact same distortion as what they accuse the riders of doing and whenever you call then out on it, they just get in a huff.
you,

are

a, (singular)

or, a knob.

adhominem is deserved

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Zam_Olyas said:

I think you will find those accusations came from Monkeymouth's fanboys and now regurgitated by Sky's fanboys.

Zam_Olyas said:

Because some of the clinic regulars are extremist and don't have reasonable views?
Not all winners are doping, and not all posters have an anti pro cycling agenda.
Unfortunately there are a lot of doped winners, and a lot of extremist regulars, so it's sometimes hard to believe otherwise.

pmcg76 said:

Very good post only that you did not include thyself.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Zam_Olyas said:

can you point to someone who has said that of all clinic posters? thank you.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
blackcat said:
you,

are

a, (singular)

or, a knob.

adhominem is deserved

This is pathetic.

Argue, disagree, whatever. but this ad hominem is just childish. Actually particularly childish of it's type.

And it's never 'deserved' - ridiculous statement. the whole point of ad hominem is it's irrlevance to the argument. And irrelevent attacks are never deserved. they are simply, irrelevent.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Zam_Olyas said:
When they or you say the clinic will think this and that don't you mean all the regular posters?

No, not particularly. In most walks of life to say that a 'group' says something is to say a majority of that group do. Not unanimity, unless explicitly stated. I've heard several references to all the Clinic 12. or 11, or whatever the number of non-apostates is this week, but to all posters, or all regular posters? No, but i'm sure that's my oversight, so I'd appreciate being enlightened.

Again, who has said all regular clinic posters, bar you? I'm sure you didn't start this thread, unrelated as it is to actual cycling, without explicit examples. So if you could point some out, that would be great. thanks.

martinvickers said:
No, not particularly. In most walks of life to say that a 'group' says something is to say a majority of that group do. Not unanimity, unless explicitly stated.

Again, who has said all clinic posters. I'm sure you didn't start this thread, unlreated as it is to actual cycling, without explicit examples. So if you could point some out, that would be great. thanks.

I said all regular clinic posters. You win, i think you know exactly what i mean but you win.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Zam_Olyas said:
I said all regular clinic posters. You win, i think you know exactly what i mean but you win.

So in fact, you had no such evidence, and the entire irrelevant thread was simply started to allow you to whine that people might dare to disagree with a particular group of posters you identify with?

Thanks for clearing that up.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
hrotha said:
I'm not at all cool with the "Clinic 12" thing having been hijacked by the likes of the Hog. That one is meant to refer to the Clinic as a whole.

Well, you might need to take that up with The Hog. I've had him on ignore for months so I can't help you there.

martinvickers said:
So in fact, you had no such evidence, and the entire irrelevant thread was simply started to allow you to whine that people might dare to disagree with a particular group of posters you identify with?

No one who has been paying attention or who isn't trying to derail the thread needs specific examples, because it happens, like, every single day.

martinvickers said:

I sense the clinic perspective is going out out of the window, even if it ever had any. No one says much about Nibali putting a whole minute into the rest of the field on a mountain time trial in the Giro, but 4 seconds today is enough to convict Froome? *shakes head*

samerics said:
This. You guys are laughable. Walsh is a hero when he brings down Lance after digging the dirt. This time he can't find the dirt, and he's a lot closer than any of us and yet because he doesn't come up with it suddenly he's a shill? Pathetic, you have nothing at all other than half baked theories and prejudices and absolutely no inside knowledge. This is a forum. Even Race Radio, who was highly respected at the time because of his closer insight into Armstrong, is mocked. Read his last post, it simply uses common sense.

No, i dont identify with them i think you identify with who i am talking about.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
I think you will find those accusations came from Monkeymouth's fanboys and now regurgitated by Sky's fanboys.
will all be worth it when the knighthoods are revoked by the doperz at British Cycling

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
martinvickers said:
Well, you might need to take that up with The Hog. I've had him on ignore for months so I can't help you there.
its etymology resides with jonny vee, but it was co-opted by devotees.