• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Wiggins 2nd in 2005 TT World Championship.

Just read Wiggins' auto-biography which is good in parts. In it he talks about the 2005 TT World Championship where he officially finished 7th but considers 4th place fairer as Andrei Kashechkin, Alexander Vinokourov and Ruben Plaza have all subsequently been banned for doping.
However the winner that day was Michael Rogers with Jose Gutierrez and Cancellara 24 seconds back. Well given that Rogers was working with Dr Ferrari at the time (& we all know what a Dr Ferrari training plan consists of!) & that Gutierrez was heavily implicated in Operación Puerto, I think Brad can call himself 2nd behind the classy Cancellera. Can anyone think of an example where there was a bigger difference between the actual result & the clean result?

May 15, 2009
Visit site
1996 Tour de France springs to mind

1. Riis - Admitted to Doping
2. Ullrich - Operation Puerto
3. Virenque - Festina Rider
4. Dufaux - Festina Rider
5. Luttenberger - The winner?

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
I dont like wiggins and I think he's a lying little blood doper thats made a mockery of people's beliefs, and the fans themselves. When people are doped why cant they just keep their mouths shut (like Ullrich, Basso, etc.)... Or even Millar (wiggin's teamate who works with DR. Chechini.)

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
BigBoat said:
... I think he's a lying little blood doper thats made a mockery of people's beliefs...

Somebody should sue you. I sure would. Hell, I would slap an injunction on this site and shut it down until every one of these slanderous statements was yanked.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
I personally like Wiggins, but going back and saying how you think you would have done without dopers is completely irrelevent and pointless. What happened, happened. Deal with it.

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Iván Gutiérrez has no relation with the OP, not even a rumoured one.

Anyway, what a ridiculous thing to say. Can he assure then that those riders were doped that particular day?

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Zambeaux said:
Iván Gutiérrez has no relation with the OP, not even a rumoured one.

Anyway, what a ridiculous thing to say. Can he assure then that those riders were doped that particular day?

no but he did ride for once

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Sum_of_Marc said:
1996 Tour de France springs to mind

1. Riis - Admitted to Doping
2. Ullrich - Operation Puerto
3. Virenque - Festina Rider
4. Dufaux - Festina Rider
5. Luttenberger - The winner?

And Luttenberger is a suspicious rider as well, riding in the Carrera Team, showing on that Tour a level he never had before and would never achieve again... Because the festina case of the OP proves nothing about 1996. the logic of suspicion leads us nowhere. Thevenet also admitted to doping, should we question the 1977 Tour? 1988? What about Joop Zoetemelk? All the great champions prepared by Mabuse, Lemond included?. We could go on and on, and we would get nowhere.

Well, maybe not, maybe Gilles Dellion would have won by now six Tours, five Lièges and three world championships... :D

TRENDING THREADS