• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Wiggins, a man in love!

Race Radio said:
I think, as usual, Wiggans is joking around.

Maybe. But it looks to me like the typical charade perfected by Wigan's old teammate, David Millar. Yeah, he is adamantly anti-dope :rolleyes: but he does not have a problem racing against dopers. In fact, someone like Landis, who comes forward to reveal doping by the riders Millar is racing against, is "disgusting."

Apr 17, 2009
Visit site
buckwheat said:
Even his strongest critics have benefitted from him.

Well I haven't, that's for sure. Load of ****e.

In fact the ****er made me drink soya milk, after he raved about it's superior recovery properties in Cycle Sport. Back before Festina..

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
ergmonkey said:
What do Lance and Wiggins have in common?

The only thing they are moving rapidly towards is irrelevance.

hmmm....Three Olympic Gold medals....more World Tack golds....7 TDF victories....One world Road race....

The only thing I see moving rapidly towards irrelevance is your opinion and this discussion, my input included....cos it sure as hell won't be what I and many others still remember in twenty years time.

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
osborn99 said:
I think you will find mate olympic champions get tested. Thats why I hate it when people say Wiggins has cheated to 4th in last year TDF when he is 100% clean.

I'm pretty sure he was reffering to LA, who does have EPO positives. Wigan just may or may not have used something.

100% clean is a big thing to say

Aug 11, 2009
Visit site
straydog said:
hmmm....Three Olympic Gold medals....more World Tack golds....7 TDF victories....One world Road race....

The only thing I see moving rapidly towards irrelevance is your opinion

I'm sorry, but my memory isn't so great. That's why I wrote of "moving towards"--a reference to recent performances--rather than invoking old results.

Please remind me which of the above mentioned triumphs occurred in the jerseys of Team Radioshack and Team Sky.

Also, again, my memory must be poor, but I think I heard about a guy named "Merckx" who has won 535 professional races and 11 grand tours. Wow! Where is that guy racing in 2011? He's going to be a force.

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Big GMaC said:
I'm pretty sure he was reffering to LA, who does have EPO positives. Wigan just may or may not have used something.

100% clean is a big thing to say

hasn't stopped Lemond though has it?

And Hrotha....labelling wiggins as 100% ignorant or moronic....makes you 100% a band wagon jumper who seems slightly incapable of formulating a logical opinion of why someone who knows Armstrong personally....and has competed professionaly as a cyclist for many years....to a not bad standard...would admire the guy

Einstein on ignorance:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.”

straydog said:
hasn't stopped Lemond though has it?

And Hrotha....labelling wiggins as 100% ignorant or moronic....makes you 100% a band wagon jumper who seems slightly incapable of formulating a logical opinion of why someone who knows Armstrong personally....and has competed professionaly as a cyclist for many years....to a not bad standard...would admire the guy

Einstein on ignorance:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.”
Can't you read? I also allowed for the possibility that Wiggins is more than 1% dirty.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
buckwheat said:
Every person in cycling has benefitted from Lance Armstrong, perhaps not financially but in some sense. Even his strongest critics have benefitted from him. I don't think this sport will ever realise what he's brought it or how big he's made it.[/I]:eek:

I must be living in a parallel universe from Mr. Wiggins. Besides having a much more difficult time finding a place to eat in Silver City, NM during Gila, I can't for the life of me figure how Lance Armstrong has affected me?

Looking back at old magazines, talking to teammates and coaches who raced 15-20 years ago, it doesn't seem like cycling in the US has changed a whole lot. The Coors Classic has become the Tour of California, we still have Philly (barely), and domestic racers still have to have other jobs or live with their girlfriends. Drivers still hate me. What's changed?

Maybe he's brought strippers and blow to the UK or something?

Aug 11, 2009
Visit site
131313 said:
Maybe he's brought strippers and blow to the UK or something?

That's giving the man way too much credit. If the UK can export Led Zeppelin, I'm pretty sure they were doing just fine in the strippers and blow department.

TRENDING THREADS