• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Wiggins better than disgraced Lance Armstrong?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Darryl Webster said:
Wiggo , like everyone who understood pro cycling over the last 20 years always knew Armstrong was doped to the gills. Feigning any kind of surprise is utter nonsense.
For that reason alone Wiggo,s credibility on the issue, Is, in my book, a big fat zero.
this

thehog said:
Lance has to be fuming with this. I'm not sure how he puts up with all this. He has to fight back.
and this

BigBoat said:
No I dont think he is but, this is what I've been saying all along. lances undoped V02 max is in a huge cluster of other talented riders. Its something perhaps not a log of pros know, but some knowledgeable guys are aware of it.

So, "talent" means what exactly? Without the drugs, the teammates on drugs and the UCI's help he wasn't going to win any Grand Tours. He couldn't even close the deal on a small-time stage race in the U.S. whe he was off the peak doping cycle.

I love how you drop the vague but official-sounding "knowledgeable guys." Is that Ed Coyle? John Wilcockson maybe?

Oh, yeah Wiggo is better. No doubt. Someone might want to ask what role the Pat and Hein had in creating the TdF/Olympics fantasy though.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:
Lance has to fight back. He's a fighter.

I know he wants to spend time with his family but he needs to lose the invisible backpack of sadness and come out swinging!

I agree he must be fuming, especially wrt UCI, and more generally wrt the hypocricy of those who say Lance betrayed them. As if they didn't know.

Darryl Webster said:
Wiggo , like everyone who understood pro cycling over the last 20 years always knew Armstrong was doped to the gills. Feigning any kind of surprise is utter nonsense.
For that reason alone Wiggo,s credibility on the issue, Is, in my book, a big fat zero.
Exactly.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

thehog said:
I know he wants to spend time with his family but he needs to lose the invisible backpack of sadness and come out swinging!

Post of the day! The guy can't even keep the family man facade going for a week. He'll be back to embarass/imprison himself if he's already making training excuses. Go Wonderboy! You are a fighter! Have Thom whisper sweet nothings in your ear while you turn the pedals in anger! Grrr!!

Interested to see when the Sky scandal breaks and how much disgrace hangs on Wiggo after a full season of ridiculous 2012 performances and follow-on righteous indignation.

DirtyWorks said:
Interested to see when the Sky scandal breaks and how much disgrace hangs on Wiggo after a full season of ridiculous 2012 performances and follow-on righteous indignation.

Maybe Wiggins will be a smart doper and go off the sauce since he already achieved his goal. He could have a sudden decline like Sastre. He could make a decent showing at his next GT, ride out his contract with subpar performances, and then retire.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
Lance has to fight back. He's a fighter.

hilarious!

Camelback of trademarked Kik's quote.

For all the soccer mom's whose banker husbands have affairs.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Maybe Wiggins will be a smart doper and go off the sauce since he already achieved his goal. He could have a sudden decline like Sastre. He could make a decent showing at his next GT, ride out his contract with subpar performances, and then retire.
the lure of large GBP contracts and Sky's teat, will be too difficult to resist imo.

Rupert as wet nurse

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
Curious why the focus on Giro 2013 rather than a TdF defense though. Appearance money?
the route's climbing extent puts the favourtism on andy and contador. their best option is froome