• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Wiggins knocked off bike, broken ribs suspected.

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
jyhjyh said:
Exactly, an adult man who behaves like a spoiled kid.
Oh please..

It's the least the media (paparazzi more like it) deserve, both here in Oz & Britain get away with writing whatever they like for no regard in general...parasites the lot of them!!!!

Glad he's OK, could of been more serious :eek:

I know this is about Wiggins but any news on Sutton - didnt like what I read TBH :(

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
AussieEdge said:
Oh please..

It's the least the media (paparazzi more like it) deserve, both here in Oz & Britain get away with writing whatever they like for no regard in general...parasites the lot of them!!!!

Glad he's OK, could of been more serious :eek:

I know this is about Wiggins but any news on Sutton - didnt like what I read TBH :(

Problem is - when you flip the bird to a journalist, it looks more like you are doing it towards his audience... Anyway, this just goes along the lines of what he's shown in the past, no big surprise.

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Cancellator said:
Problem is - when you flip the bird to a journalist, it looks more like you are doing it towards his audience... Anyway, this just goes along the lines of what he's shown in the past, no big surprise.
This is where you hope the audience show a bit of intelligence....

Then again they do read the papers in the first place :eek:

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Cancellator said:

I don't want Wiggins, or anyone, pandering to an audience who want cameras pointed into cars. And "journalist" is a stretch.

Ryo Hazuki said:
not me, my friend

I'm not surprised by that level of abuse from car drivers: its normal, for goodness sake. I shouted at one today who cut me up when he turn across traffic lights: what did he do? put the finger up at me. Was I bothered? No, it just felt normal.
What I do NOT like is Wiggins getting abuse from fellow cyclists in this instance: totally pathetic, some posters should be ashamed of themselves

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
jyhjyh said:
Brad is back:

‏@TelegraphSport
Pic: Bradley Wiggins says hello (sort of) to assembled snappers as he is released from hospital following accident

A7L4lmnCMAE004M.jpg

At a time when people are wishing him well and hoping he recovers he gives us one more reason to dislike him, real classy move there Wiggo :rolleyes:.

AussieEdge said:
Oh please..

Sure media can be annoying and sometimes they deserve to be told to back off. But when your in the public eye like Wiggins is these kind of things just make you look bad and make people dislike you. Instead of resorting to childish things like flipping them off he should politely tell them to give him some space.

Dazed and Confused said:
Who will now light up the racing at the Giro?

Nibali, Purito, Pozzovivo, Kreuziger, Hesjedal, Scarponi, Basso, Quintana (if he competes), Sanchez (if he competes).

The last thing Wiggins does is light up a race. ;)

Afrank said:
At a time when people are wishing him well and hoping he recovers he gives us one more reason to dislike him, real classy move there Wiggo :rolleyes:.

Sure media can be annoying and sometimes they deserve to be told to back off. But when your in the public eye like Wiggins is these kind of things just make you look bad and make people dislike you. Instead of resorting to childish things like flipping them off he should politely tell them to give him some space.

I agree absolutely classless. Just lost some respect for him.

Afrank said:

Nibali, Purito, Pozzovivo, Kreuziger, Hesjedal, Scarponi, Basso, Quintana (if he competes), Sanchez (if he competes).

The last thing Wiggins does is light up a race. ;)

Dude, that is the dream but you shoud be prepared to be disappointed if you are a fan, i know i am..he almost made me go crazy at this year Giro. :mad: :D

What a complete t!t Wiggins is. There was no need for him to give the one fingered salute at all.

I bet all these fan boys who are saying "Way to go Brad", "LOLZ Nice one Brad" etc are the same fools asking for Ashley Cole's head on plate when he swore on Twitter.

He is supposed to be someone to look upto, but really he is a complete d!ck.

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Clearly it's fine to photograph him in the privacy of his car as he leaves hospital, but I don't know where to draw the line.

The one I got through the window of him in his hospital bed turned out nice.
Also stuck the camera through the window of his house, and got one of his kids welcoming him home; and then the long lens got him in the shower.

And he gives me the finger? What a scumbag.

theyoungest said:
How would you feel, returning from the hospital, high on painkillers, with an army of journalists around your car.

If you wished him well before, and now that he's shown the finger to some journalists you don't, that's not a very enduring fandom ;)

I think it shows a great deal of immaturity. He is the current tour champion and a public figure. He is a story. Journalists are going to cover it. If the journalists got too close then that is the fault of the hospital not the reporters.

It takes very little effort not to raise the finger. Now the story is not that he has broken ribs but that he's a jerk.

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
WildspokeJoe said:
I think it shows a great deal of immaturity. He is the current tour champion and a public figure. He is a story. Journalists are going to cover it. If the journalists got too close then that is the fault of the hospital not the reporters.

It takes very little effort not to raise the finger. Now the story is not that he has broken ribs but that he's a jerk.

You have got to be kidding.

Journalists do not point cameras into people's cars. Scumbag paparazzi hoping to make money from someone else's misery point cameras into people's cars.

WildspokeJoe said:

Of course, but this is a guy who clearly isn't used to being in the public eye, nor does he like it. The problem will solve itself, if he goes on like this :cool:

WildspokeJoe said:

I would agree with this tbh.

The Sky PR joke continues tbh.

TRENDING THREADS