• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Wiggins the climber

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Bradley was a relevation today, he has been coming on nicely this year and it was great to see him in such exalted company on the climb to arcalis today.

Go Wiggo!

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Excellent stuff from Wiggins today. Let's hope he can cling on and sneak a top 15 place on GC....... that would be an outstanding achievement and perhaps show he has more potential for future years.

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Delighted for Wiggo, he should declare for Ireland(so should Miller and Cavendish), they'ed be great with Dan Martin,Nicholas Roche and Philip Diegnan.

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
pretty solid ride from wiggo today can only hope he maintains his form for the next two weeks and doesn't run out of energy like the Giro.

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Irish2009 said:
Delighted for Wiggo, he should declare for Ireland(so should Miller and Cavendish), they'ed be great with Dan Martin,Nicholas Roche and Philip Diegnan.

Nicholas Roche also had a good ride today think he only lost contact when Cadel Evans attacked first time

39*23t said:
pretty solid ride from wiggo today can only hope he maintains his form for the next two weeks and doesn't run out of energy like the Giro.

Stephen Roche [I think it was him] suggested that he backed off a bit in the Giro so that he wouldn't wear himself out before the Tour

It was great to see him up there - top 10/15 would be fantastic :D

A

Anonymous

lanternrouge said:
Bradley was a relevation today, he has been coming on nicely this year and it was great to see him in such exalted company on the climb to arcalis today.

Go Wiggo!

no he wasnt... have you not been watching him this year?

hes having the season of his life..

i must dig out the post where i tipped him for great things in this tour, 3 week ago in the beaumont he timetrialled his way away from the field (ok. not a pro field, but some damn good uk top cat riders.. just rode everyone off his wheel.. was clear then he was peaking at the right time)

with only two mountain top stage finishes he has a real chance of something huge.. top 10 is not as ridiculous as it seems.. this tour was made for the non true climber..

A

Anonymous

Irish2009 said:
If we could only get all the British Isles(Irish,English,Welsh,Scotish,Manx) riders on the same team.

we'd get our butts whupped.. it would not work..

wheres the stage wins coming from, millar and wiggins in time trials.. and the rest... cav wouldnt win half the races he does without the columbia lead out train..

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
Assuming the Garmin PR is to believed and they are completely clean then the toughest test for Wiggins will be in the 3rd week, when the disadvantage will be at its greatest as his hematocrit sharply declines.

It'll be interesting to see how he'll do with more mointains and more weeks in his legs.

I remember how everyone was surprised of his good performances in the Giro.
But I truely did not expect this. Actually untill todays finish I thought what I read about him on the news part of this website was the most optimistic stuff I had read since the out of form Kirchen (who for me personally will never have the ability to do so) anounced he'd think he could get on the podium.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
we'd get our butts whupped.. it would not work..

wheres the stage wins coming from, millar and wiggins in time trials.. and the rest... cav wouldnt win half the races he does without the columbia lead out train..

I think CAV is good enough to be able to jump on any other leadout train ala Mcewen, and if you have wiggins and millar hammering the last few kms who is gonna have the legs to pull alongside them?

Aug 19, 2009
Visit site
DavidT said:
Just like the recently defeated Lions team in South Africa?
haha, good one!

although rugby could be seen in a different context to cycling... south africa are the world champions in rugby, so that puts them right on top. if you look at "barbarian" teams that play now and then, they also have super players making up the ranks, but don't always win...

i would think however that if SKY could get their team relatively filled with british riders, they would have a pretty mean squad -> that's to say if wiggo, cav, millar et al get released (or even want to all be in the same team)

TRENDING THREADS