• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Wiggins the one who gains from Lances's downfall

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Mad Elephant Man said:
Wiggins might gain this but I think overall it makes people far more sceptical about riders and Wiggins loses because of that.
I don't think people can really be MORE sceptical - most are, after all, 100% sceptical of Armstrong by this point - not sure how elevating Wiggins at this point makes any real difference one way or the other - except maybe that ASO, for the present, accept his bona fides rather more than Ullrich, Pantani, etc..

Doubt Wiggins cares either, doped or not; If he's clean, pretty sure any bitterness of losing 3rd to LA long since assuaged with his own yellow and a 'fresh' podium in La Vuelta. If he doped, why would he care?

Dare i suggest, a non-story?

Velo_vicar said:
yes exactly 3! just making the point that comercially cycling grew massively because of LA. i don't think anyone can deny that as it i beleive the reason the UCI were so complicit with LA. I am sure the average cyclist earns more because LA existed than if he never did. So they might be a part of them that is thankful for LA even if they detest him as a person and how he lied. It will be interesting to see what the lasting comercial damage is because of LA.

Wait. Are you really suggesting that human emotions can be complicated, inconsistent things, driven by vague, sometimes contradictory motivations, and prone to being inconsistent or changing over time? That someone could on one hand feel antipathy or hatred towards a person or thing, while at the same time admiring another facet of that person or thing's existence?

Don't you think that's kind of crazy talk?

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
RownhamHill said:
Wait. Are you really suggesting that human emotions can be complicated, inconsistent things, driven by vague, sometimes contradictory motivations, and prone to being inconsistent or changing over time? That someone could on one hand feel antipathy or hatred towards a person or thing, while at the same time admiring another facet of that person or thing's existence?

Don't you think that's kind of crazy talk?

i wouldn't dare in the black and white world of the clinic to suggest such a thing obviously shows you to be a doping apologist and no part of the Clinic Taliban.