• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Wiggins' visor in the TT ?

anyone know what happened to Wiggins' visor in the TT yesterday ? I am watching footage and noticed his Kask helmet at the start had one on. But in the end, he had no visor ? Fell off ? Did he physically remove it ? and managed to stay on his bike and post the best time ? wow ???

Tour-de-France-Stage-Nine-20120710091252122309-620x414.jpg

wigginstdf1b.jpg

May 19, 2011
Visit site
he scratched it off, either too hot or the light is too dim, sometimes when the sweat drip into your eyes you want some wind to get them off

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Btw it's interesting to see that he's using mechanical shifters instead of electronic. I guess it's because the electronic bar-end shifters are counted as part of the bar extensions while the mechanic aren't so he can get a better position using the mechanical shifters.

Lars Bak complained a little about his position on the bike because he had to change it do to riding with electronic shifters. Why is it that UCI always chose to enforce their technical crap at the TdF for the first time of the year instead of from seasons start so that people can adjust their set up in the build-up period of the season?

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Magnus said:
Btw it's interesting to see that he's using mechanical shifters instead of electronic. I guess it's because the electronic bar-end shifters are counted as part of the bar extensions while the mechanic aren't so he can get a better position using the mechanical shifters.

Lars Bak complained a little about his position on the bike because he had to change it do to riding with electronic shifters. Why is it that UCI always chose to enforce their technical crap at the TdF for the first time of the year instead of from seasons start so that people can adjust their set up in the build-up period of the season?

They've been enforcing the reduced reach with electronic shifters for two seasons now.