• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Wilier Imperiale quality

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Hey All,

I'm looking at buying a new carbon frame and fork and am quite interesated in the Wilier Imperiale. My local shop is a distributor however the owner of the shop claims he has had 2 of these frames come back broken in the rear end.

Has anyone had any experience with this brand and in particular any experience with the Imperiale breaking.

I am also considering the Colnago CLX 2.0 or a Ridley Damocles ISP.

Any suggestions on which would be a better frame would be appreciated.

Campione1 said:
Hey All,

I'm looking at buying a new carbon frame and fork and am quite interesated in the Wilier Imperiale. My local shop is a distributor however the owner of the shop claims he has had 2 of these frames come back broken in the rear end.

Has anyone had any experience with this brand and in particular any experience with the Imperiale breaking.

Get the Colnago. Better name, they are all built w/i a few miles of each other in Asia anyway.

Campione1 said:
Hey All,

Very likely all three bikes are similarly sourced. There isn't that much variety in the bike business. I know it looks like it, but.. it's an illusion.

It just comes down to the manufacturer's *actual* warranty service and perhaps some dimensional differences that might work better for you.

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback

Hi guy's

Thanks for all your feedback. I agree the Colnago maybe a little better ride quality but the aero advantages of the Wilier are a big attraction for me.

From all the responses it sounds like the Wilier is a good bke. Now I do feel like my local dealer is full of crap.

Thanks again

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
I got an Imperiale last year. Realy love the bike. Haven't owned it long enough to realy know about the rear end quality; but went down in a turn, sliding on the asphalt 20meters, damaging the rear deralliur and bending the deralliur-hanger. Just bent it back - no damage to the frame.
Used to have the cheaper Wil. Mortirolo - survived a crash in high speed where I broke some ribs.
- My experience is that Wilier makes wonderful bikes that lasts.

TRENDING THREADS