• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Will Astana sweep the podium in Paris?

Will Astana sweep the podium in Paris?

• Yes, but don't know which 3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
No - too many of the guys will have to lead the Astana train to the mountain bases or up over the passes for the team leader (or both team leaders). They will be too spent after those efforts to charge in with the lead finishers.

Chippers said:
No. What makes you think that interteam competition won't ruin their tour in the later part of the second week?
Not after today. I think they will both come to realize that them coming in 1-2, regardless of who is 1 and who is 2, especially if they can pull in LL or AK in 3rd, is much more important than being 1. They should work together in the mountains, an equal partnership, unless and until everyone else is dropped. Then they can go for it. I see something like that coming out of this. And duking it out in the final TT, of course.

Any of you NO votes ready to change your mind?

Action Biker, andreengels, Baggins27, Chippers, Cobber, Cobblestones, dimspace, elapid, Franklin, frizzlefry, Jukebox, krebs303, Pot Belgique, RightWingNutJob, skidmark, slowoldman, Thoughtforfood, Trishb, Turd Ferguson, workingclasshero

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Ninety5rpm said:
Any of you NO votes ready to change your mind?

Action Biker, andreengels, Baggins27, Chippers, Cobber, Cobblestones, dimspace, elapid, Franklin, frizzlefry, Jukebox, krebs303, Pot Belgique, RightWingNutJob, skidmark, slowoldman, Thoughtforfood, Trishb, Turd Ferguson, workingclasshero

Nope. They won't sweep it.

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
They'll sweep the podium and get 4th as well.
1. Pharmstrong
2. Contadope
3. Dopeheimer
4. Andreas Dopen

All part of The Hog's revenge for being excluded last year.

I thought that was the podium girl's job under the strict direction of the Badger :)

09+WomenofCurling+cover_sm.jpg

(Sorry couldn't resist using this picture again)

patswana said:
1. Pharmstrong
2. Contadope
3. Dopeheimer
4. Andreas Dopen

I thought we agreed after the giro that Levi Leipheimer's name would be changed to Levi Limphomer after his poor performances in the 2 & 3 weeks of the giro. When he basically went out the back door when the mountains got steep:D But ok if you want to change it to a drug name thats cool with me.:)

Also i would have voted no but the poll is closed

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Who else is there? Well, maybe Carlos, but then who.

Like I predicted early in the campaign with "#1, #2 and #3" post, YES.

However, Carlos is still the BIG unknown. If he's on, he'll be cooking and that would be an exciting stage to watch. Unlike Cadel whose tour is already over, at least getting on the podium, CS could put some pressure on Astana all by himself. Maybe CS, LA and AC on the podium, not necessarily in that order, followed by LL, AK, AS not necessarily in that order.

CS takes off, LA marks him with AC on LA, then AC attacks with LA on his wheel and CS on their wheels...all the way up, taking turns. AS would be in there too. Phil and Paul screaming their heads off. Now what stage might that be?

Oh yes, Cadel won't go out without a good fight. Top ten.

What's that I hear? Sounds like wings flapping overhead...circling.

"Bobby"

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
El Imbatido said:
I thought we agreed after the giro that Levi Leipheimer's name would be changed to Levi Limphomer after his poor performances in the 2 & 3 weeks of the giro. When he basically went out the back door when the mountains got steep:D But ok if you want to change it to a drug name thats cool with me.:)

Also i would have voted no but the poll is closed

No.

Also, Levi lost 15 seconds today.

Can someone tell me how big a gap has to open before they give a group a different time?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
patswana said:
1. Pharmstrong
2. Contadope
3. Dopeheimer
4. Andreas Dopen

Some great nicknames their...:D
I think Astana will have some difficulties trying to control the other protaginists as their will have to be many attacks from the other teams if they want to win this race in the alps. I unfortunately think Wiggins may go backwards and i'm not sure how lance will go but either way it doesn't bother (unless he wins:( ). The other riders have to be smart enough to 'gang up on AStana to shut them down.