• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Will Boonen Finds His Best Form For The RVV?

Will Boonen Finds His Best Form For The RVV?

• He'll be already good at MSR, no problem.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Tomorrow might shows us something. Like he said nothing can go wrong now or it's over.

He has 5 more weeks left, to be exact 37 days. Can he do it? Or will it be everything for roubaix instead.

He might think that. For Boonen winning roubaix is way easier than RVV. Competition is limited there.

Should he btw ride AGR? With the finish there might be some possibilities but i doubt he can even podium. Still it's time he does it at least one time :D

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I think his form will be fine by RVV, but I don't think he'll win. He'll have Sagan, Cance, and Pozzato among others to compete with there. His best chance for a classic win this season will lie in Roubaix.
Agree with Netserk on AGR.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Netserk said:
About AGR: He won't be anywhere near the front in the final, so of course he doesn't stand a chance.

If they ride the final as in last year, then he might survive a while.

But yea of course he won't win but maybe if quick step needs WT points ;)

Besides there have been always some rumors that he was gonna ride it (08?) and this year is a good oppurtunity.

Miburo said:
If they ride the final as in last year, then he might survive a while.

But yea of course he won't win but maybe if quick step needs WT points ;)

Besides there have been always some rumors that he was gonna ride it (08?) and this year is a good oppurtunity.
He will most likely get dropped long before Cauberg, and in the rare case that he isn't, he will be total dead and dropped the second that they hit Cauberg.

If QS need worldtour points (why would they?) they have other riders that are better on hills than Boonen.

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
i don think he can do it

+ i really think the new course suits Cancellara a lot (and not because he says so)
i predict a confident Cancellara W

i do hope he gets it together by P-R, and we'll see a good race there. i didnt like the previous 2 editions at all

tomorrow could answer a lot of questions though

woodenswan said:
i don think he can do it

+ i really think the new course suits Cancellara a lot
i predict a confident Cancellara W

i do hope he gets it together by P-R, and we'll see a good race there. i didnt like the previous 2 editions at all

tomorrow could answer a lot of questions though

I loved last year's :p

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I do think he will be in good shape but he won't win Flanders or Roubaix. Cancellara will be very motivated after last year.

I think Cancellara will be unstoppable in Roubaix and Flanders could be something for Sagan.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
the asian said:
Tom Boonen will feel sorry for his last year victory and have his *** handed over to him by Super Pippo in Ronde.

In PR Hushovd will pip Boonen in a sprint for the win.

He will feel sorry he won the Ronde van Vlaanderen? Lol, yeah right.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
the asian said:
He will feel sorry for beating Pippo last year;)

I suppose he also felt sorry when he beat him at Roubaix in 2009? And while we're at it, I suppose Cancellara also feels sorry for beating him in San Remo 2008? ;)

Pozzato only ranks third at the classics he rides(MSR, RvV, P-R, G-W, E3 Harelbeke, Omloop het Nieuwsblad), far behind Cancellara and Boonen.

Plus now there's Sagan. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpMzzozIb4Y

With a career like that, I doubt he feels sorry about it. :cool:

it's already his year. there won't be any competition - Pippo's gonna rock this 2013

poz-tat.jpg

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Lexman said:
Boonen will get fit for P-R but i doubt he will win it against a super motivated Cancellara...
What kind of form is Cancellara in though? Has he shown anything recently? He may be playing his cards close to his chest but I would be slightly concerned. That and various issues off the road cannot have helped.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Don't be late Pedro said:
What kind of form is Cancellara in though? Has he shown anything recently? He may be playing his cards close to his chest but I would be slightly concerned. That and various issues off the road cannot have helped.

Cancellara could be in sub-par form or he could be right on course. He didn't show much in Qatar or Oman like he usually would when on course to a peak. Of course there wasn't any wind in Qatar, so he wasn't really able to do much. And in Oman the competition was much stronger then it has been in the past. So it's understandable that he wouldn't do much in these races.

The advantage Cance has on Boonen is he didn't have a injury to delay his training. We'll have to wait until Strade Bianche to see where his form is at.

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Afrank said:
The advantage Cance has on Boonen is he didn't have a injury to delay his training. We'll have to wait until Strade Bianche to see where his form is at.
I guess it is hard to really judge until we see him in full competition mode.

Looking forward to RVV. If all the contenders turn up could be really good racing.

Also, be interesting to see how Sagan has improved since last year. He looked strong until the final climb iirc when perhaps he was too aggressive.

TRENDING THREADS