• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Will Chris get desperate in 2015?

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Put yourself in his shoes: You just got beaten badly by the guy you wiped the floor with the year before. What do you do now? It's not just a few watts, it's a lot of watts that Alberto stumbled upon in 2014.

If you were Froome would you risk it knowing that WADA is going to be all over you like white on rice, or do you continue on with the same training regimen you had before and hope that you fly under the radar (biological passport-wise)?

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
The_Juan said:
Put yourself in his shoes: You just got beaten badly by the guy you wiped the floor with the year before. What do you do now? It's not just a few watts, it's a lot of watts that Alberto stumbled upon in 2014.

If you were Froome would you risk it knowing that WADA is going to be all over you like white on rice, or do you continue on with the same training regimen you had before and hope that you fly under the radar (biological passport-wise)?

Use same prep as before. Try to avoid falling repeatedly like 2014. Froome looks frail, but if he can keep himself on his bike he should do well.

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I find it very curious he is luke warm on the tour because there is not much tting. 2013 he was the best climber in the world by some margin, I don't really understand why he has a sudden lack of confidence.

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
ralphbert said:
I find it very curious he is luke warm on the tour because there is not much tting. 2013 he was the best climber in the world by some margin, I don't really understand why he has a sudden lack of confidence.

The inhaler happened.

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Eh. An inhaler is not a deal breaker performance wise, its marginal. Lol, sorry couldn't help myself.

If it is clinic related then I think a more likely reason is a functional test for Acair/GW1516 stack. That might have taken some wind (tail) of out his sails. Oh, there I go again.

daveyt

BANNED
Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Nothing happened this year that conclusively said the 2013 model was broken, just too many injurues and illnesses. I think the grumbling about maybe not doing the Tour was just a mini protest at the lack of TT.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Benotti69 said:
do we need a new thread for Froome?

This is a thread for Chris.

And no, I do not think Mr Boardman will get desperate in 2015. He retired from professional cycling some years ago now.

But in all seriousness, this needs to be merged with the Froome thread, definitely.

I don't think Froome will do anything different. His Dauphine form pre-crash was good enough to seriously challenge Contador, if not actually beat him.

He's certainly not in a position where he needs to be reckless and take huge risks in terms of doping. Even if he can't match Contador, he could just choose some different races to him, or wait until he is tired, and that should be enough to pick up some wins, as he should still have the beating of everyone else.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
well, I think Dawg is not winning anymore grand tours now that the arms race has spread. Without the 50 extra watts he is hopeless.

So hopefully Dawg will go full mutant and get busted at the tour next year, and maybe even drag the rest of sky down with him. That would be great for cycling.

the sceptic said:
So hopefully Dawg will go full mutant and get busted at the tour next year, and maybe even drag the rest of sky down with him. That would be great for cycling.

that would be great for what?
cycling will go on, as after any big scandal, as always. just the British public will see the bubble explode and the Tour will not be shown in the UK as happened in Germany.
and the fans will continue to support their favourite dopers.

pastronef said:
that would be great for what?
cycling will go on, as after any big scandal, as always. just the British public will see the bubble explode and the Tour will not be shown in the UK as happened in Germany.

Nah, the British public will just claim that Wiggins was clean and pretend they always had doubts about Froome, even the ones who wrote that Froome proves cycling is clean. Brailsford will express his shock that Froomie was doing all this behind his back and feel betrayed:cool:

2012 will be revisted and hailed as even more impressive now that it turns out wiggo resisted the doping while less British members of the team succumbed to the temptation, and hailed as the ultimate truimph of riding clean over doping.

The slobberinghams and brailsfrauds of this world will point out that Wiggins was always a TDF contender as evidenced by his 4th place in the ultra clean 2009 Tour, unlike Froome who had suddenly come out of nowhere just like Lance 1999 and in hindsight it was naive to give him the benefit of the doubt. Wiggins also won tts which have historically been dominated by clean riders like Indurain, Rodgers, Botero etc even in gts when dopers won. Also the undeniable fact will be pointed out that Wiggins he did ultimately come from the super clean sport that is track cycling which world renowned sports scientists like David Walsh, David Millar and David Brailsfraud have all proved with fantastic and unchallengeable research, is a sport that tests none of the physical abilities that can be enhanced with performance enhancing drugs.

The authorities may even try to get in on it by pointing out that they gave wiggins a knigthood and not froome because they had some doubts on Froome but everyone knew wiggins was clean.

Not that it will change anything for cycling. It will still be a minority sport, which 99% of people don't watch which remains on a 4th grade (viewer wise) tv network and temporarily promoted during the Tour to a 3rd grade one which most homes don't get.

But Wiggins will get one more opening in the market to release an "autobiography", Walsh will fight with sloberingham and the other one to write it, and wiggins will make occasional appearances on "greatest brits ever" shows like Ullrich used to, and in the small media on the occasions when he once again takes out his irrational childish anger on innocent bystanders.

Parker said:
Have you anything to back up that I have done any of this? You accusing me of actual illegal activity there.

To be fair the poster is only hinting that you would do this in a hypothetical future, not that it is something you have already done. But still I would agree, this is going a bit too far, posting something like that.

Samson777 said:
To be fair the poster is only hinting that you would do this in a hypothetical future, not that it is something you have already done. But still I would agree, this is going a bit too far, posting something like that.
Then what has he got to suggest that I, rather than anyone else, will behave like this? It must be based on past behaviour. It certainly heavily implies it.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Samson777 said:

Well I seem to remember one time he got so mad that he posted someones real life ID and got himself banned :D

great post hitch.

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Parker said:
Which is none of the things mentioned - I don't think I used his full name anyway (which is in the public domain). And it's not illegal. Which the things I am being accused of are.

The problem is that the whole post is full of libelous allegations which are actively encouraged by most members who use the clinic. I suspect Hitch has lost all sense of what is actually acceptable and decent on a forum and is in the situation where anything goes.

It's not just him, but contempt breeds contempt and we get further and further away from any meaningful discussion.

The old forum adage applies here:- Set the bar low and it will be progressively lowered.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
DavidR52 said:
The problem is that the whole post is full of libelous allegations which are actively encouraged by most members who use the clinic. I suspect Hitch has lost all sense of what is actually acceptable and decent on a forum and is in the situation where anything goes.

It's not just him, but contempt breeds contempt and we get further and further away from any meaningful discussion.

The old forum adage applies here:- Set the bar low and it will be progressively lowered.

Maybe you should sue the clinic on behalf of the british people then.

I hear martin vickers is a lawyer.

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
the sceptic said:
Maybe you should sue the clinic on behalf of the british people then.

I hear martin vickers is a lawyer.

The point is that much like David Icke those who you seek to libel don't really care what you say. The problem comes when you try the same thing with other posters.

I thought Hitch's post was disgusting in reference to Parker and you backing it up was no surprise. Any thing goes as long as it suits your prejudices.

TRENDING THREADS