• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Will Chris get desperate in 2015?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
DavidR52 said:
The problem is that the whole post is full of libelous allegations which are actively encouraged by most members who use the clinic. I suspect Hitch has lost all sense of what is actually acceptable and decent on a forum and is in the situation where anything goes.

It's not just him, but contempt breeds contempt and we get further and further away from any meaningful discussion.

The old forum adage applies here:- Set the bar low and it will be progressively lowered.

I just love the idea that you could have a meaningful discussion about Froome or Wiggins when there are such entrenched views on both sides.

It would be like putting ardent republicans and a bunch of ultra liberals in a room and saying "abortion, Discuss"

::eek::eek::eek:

The Hitch said:
Nah, the British public will just claim that Wiggins was clean and pretend they always had doubts about Froome, even the ones who wrote that Froome proves cycling is clean. Brailsford will express his shock that Froomie was doing all this behind his back and feel betrayed:cool:

2012 will be revisted and hailed as even more impressive now that it turns out wiggo resisted the doping while less British members of the team succumbed to the temptation, and hailed as the ultimate truimph of riding clean over doping.

The slobberinghams and brailsfrauds of this world will point out that Wiggins was always a TDF contender as evidenced by his 4th place in the ultra clean 2009 Tour, unlike Froome who had suddenly come out of nowhere just like Lance 1999 and in hindsight it was naive to give him the benefit of the doubt. Wiggins also won tts which have historically been dominated by clean riders like Indurain, Rodgers, Botero etc even in gts when dopers won. Also the undeniable fact will be pointed out that Wiggins he did ultimately come from the super clean sport that is track cycling which world renowned sports scientists like David Walsh, David Millar and David Brailsfraud have all proved with fantastic and unchallengeable research, is a sport that tests none of the physical abilities that can be enhanced with performance enhancing drugs.

The authorities may even try to get in on it by pointing out that they gave wiggins a knigthood and not froome because they had some doubts on Froome but everyone knew wiggins was clean.

Not that it will change anything for cycling. It will still be a minority sport, which 99% of people don't watch which remains on a 4th grade (viewer wise) tv network and temporarily promoted during the Tour to a 3rd grade one which most homes don't get.

But Wiggins will get one more opening in the market to release an "autobiography", Walsh will fight with sloberingham and the other one to write it, and wiggins will make occasional appearances on "greatest brits ever" shows like Ullrich used to, and in the small media on the occasions when he once again takes out his irrational childish anger on innocent bystanders.

wow, just wow

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
robertmooreheadlane said:
I just love the idea that you could have a meaningful discussion about Froome or Wiggins when there are such entrenched views on both sides.

It would be like putting ardent republicans and a bunch of ultra liberals in a room and saying "abortion, Discuss"

::eek::eek::eek:

Skyfans love to throw the "oh no, everyone is making fun of brits, how are we supposed to have a meaningful discussion" card.

Fact is, there is no meaningful discussion left to have. Dawg is too obvious, so there is nothing left to say in his defence.

Its not 2012 anymore.

the sceptic said:
Skyfans love to throw the "oh no, everyone is making fun of brits, how are we supposed to have a meaningful discussion" card.

Fact is, there is no meaningful discussion left to have. Dawg is too obvious, so there is nothing left to say in his defence.

Its not 2012 anymore.

Released just today. Its enough for Cookson to give Dawg a few more TUE's in 2015.

Key successes for British Cycling in 2013/14 include:

•British Cycling reached 100,000 members in October 2014.

•Launching our manifesto to transform Great Britain into a true cycling nation – entitled #ChooseCycling – in February 2014 in Parliament.

•The Tour of Britain was upgraded to 2.HC status by the UCI

•British Cycling was named as Sport Coach UK’s Governing Body of the Year at the UK Coaching Awards.

•The Great Britain Cycling Team now boasts nine Commonwealth Games champions following a hugely successful event in Glasgow.

•Great Britain riders dominated the UCI Mountain Bike World Championships, picking up five of the six available medals in the elite downhill events.

•The women’s endurance squad continues to dominate in the team pursuit event as current world and European champions.

•Further success for elite athletes with world champions in track cycling, para-cycling and the men’s elite world time trial event

•Britain welcomed the world’s biggest bike race in July, with the Tour de France Grand Depart taking place over three days in Yorkshire and London.

•A revised performance pathway was announced in May to give Great Britain the best chance of success in Tokyo 2020 and beyond.

•The inaugural Friends Life Women’s Tour became Britain’s first professional women’s stage race in May 2014, taking place over five stages and attracting a high-profile field with 16 of the world’s top women’s teams.

•In 2014, British Cycling delivered 14 Sky Ride Big Bike events across the country with over 100,000 people taking part.

•Go-Ride Coaches and club volunteers have delivered an estimated 400,000 opportunities for young people over the past year.

•British Cycling’s women’s guided ride programme, Breeze, continued to grow with longer distance Challenge Events successfully introduced for the first time this year.

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/ab...-Britain’s-best-loved-sports-says-president-0

the sceptic said:
And conversely you and your ilk throw the "they're all doping, history... corruption.. oh look he's winning... we're smart, you're not... I can't actually articulate why but if you have an opposing opinion then you're a fanboy bot. Mods.. Sockpuppet..."

Is that any more meaningful?

The Hitch said:
Nah, the British public will just claim that Wiggins was clean and pretend they always had doubts about Froome, even the ones who wrote that Froome proves cycling is clean. Brailsford will express his shock that Froomie was doing all this behind his back and feel betrayed:cool:

2012 will be revisted and hailed as even more impressive now that it turns out wiggo resisted the doping while less British members of the team succumbed to the temptation, and hailed as the ultimate truimph of riding clean over doping.

The slobberinghams and brailsfrauds of this world will point out that Wiggins was always a TDF contender as evidenced by his 4th place in the ultra clean 2009 Tour, unlike Froome who had suddenly come out of nowhere just like Lance 1999 and in hindsight it was naive to give him the benefit of the doubt. Wiggins also won tts which have historically been dominated by clean riders like Indurain, Rodgers, Botero etc even in gts when dopers won. Also the undeniable fact will be pointed out that Wiggins he did ultimately come from the super clean sport that is track cycling which world renowned sports scientists like David Walsh, David Millar and David Brailsfraud have all proved with fantastic and unchallengeable research, is a sport that tests none of the physical abilities that can be enhanced with performance enhancing drugs.

The authorities may even try to get in on it by pointing out that they gave wiggins a knigthood and not froome because they had some doubts on Froome but everyone knew wiggins was clean.

Not that it will change anything for cycling. It will still be a minority sport, which 99% of people don't watch which remains on a 4th grade (viewer wise) tv network and temporarily promoted during the Tour to a 3rd grade one which most homes don't get.

But Wiggins will get one more opening in the market to release an "autobiography", Walsh will fight with sloberingham and the other one to write it, and wiggins will make occasional appearances on "greatest brits ever" shows like Ullrich used to, and in the small media on the occasions when he once again takes out his irrational childish anger on innocent bystanders.
Most homes don't get ITV4?

The Hitch said:

this is such a good post. bravo, sir.

it'd be such a shame for it to get drowned out by the skybot influence that has recently invaded the clinic.

the sceptic said:

Its not 2012 anymore.

Fact is, that if you weren't so intent on dropping the ball in favour of playing the man all the time, there are the seeds of an interesting debate to be found.

All you need to do is explain:

the sceptic said:
well, I think Dawg is not winning anymore grand tours now that the arms race has spread. Without the 50 extra watts he is hopeless.

So hopefully Dawg will go full mutant and get busted at the tour next year, and maybe even drag the rest of sky down with him. That would be great for cycling.

What you see as those benefits, which would be so great for cycling, are.
They could then be weighed against any perceived negative implications, outlined by others.
Might even evolve beyond the usual Sky fare, too.

But hey, as you say, who needs to engage in a meaningful debate around here?

daveyt

BANNED
Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
The Hitch said:

Although this patronising blinkered rant will be true for some if conclusive evidence against Froome did emerge I think an awful lot of us are just about giving Sky the benefit of the doubt at the moment. I think if anything came to light that Sky's top riders were doping or that the team was organising doping that would be it and you'd see Britain turn it's back on cycling like Germany did.

Which is why I think the sponser pushed the zero tolerance thing, and also why I think it is for real. The lack of anyone on the inside even hinting there is doping going on is a real problem for the conspiracy theorists.

daveyt said:
Although this patronising blinkered rant will be true for some if conclusive evidence against Froome did emerge I think an awful lot of us are just about giving Sky the benefit of the doubt at the moment. I think if anything came to light that Sky's top riders were doping or that the team was organising doping that would be it and you'd see Britain turn it's back on cycling like Germany did.

Which is why I think the sponser pushed the zero tolerance thing, and also why I think it is for real. The lack of anyone on the inside even hinting there is doping going on is a real problem for the conspiracy theorists.

Quite the opposite I'm afraid. People within the team and within BSkyB know all about it and have shared that information.

daveyt said:

wow, you went into dangerous territory, just wait for the answer.

I can imagine doping is going on, Ventoux and this years Dauphiné stage were too fast.
I am part of the problem, as a fan I am part of the problem, because I root for Froome, and I don't for Quintana and Contador.

I don't care about the zero tolerance, new generation, UK public, Tues and so on.

and reading on here, I am one of the few Sky fans who does not follow their PR spin, clean stance and so on. I follow the races

Let's see how 2015 goes, I prefer the skinny Kenyan born bad doper to the 2 Spanish speaking good dopers ;)

daveyt

BANNED
Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
bobbins said:
Quite the opposite I'm afraid. People within the team and within BSkyB know all about it and have shared that information.

Ahhh I have missed this amougst all the guff on this forum, can you point me to the source?

daveyt

BANNED
Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
bobbins said:
It's around somewhere. You're going to struggle to get anyone to go on the record I'm afraid. Even UKAD aren't interested.

Vague... was it some anonymous poster saying they heard somehting?