• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Will Contador be at the start of the TDF 2013?

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Poinless thread, of course he will.

He wants to win the tour next year and ASO can't afford to ignore him.

There's a difference in importance between Boonen and Contador especially in the tour.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Aso is going to put out what route they do because its the 100th edition, not because Contador or wiggins or Evans or lance or even Andy.

Aye, and Prodhomme already stated that it will be tougher (more mountains) than in 2012

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Forunculo said:
I hope ASO keeps the two ITT, I like that kind of parcours, however some harder mounrtain stages or tricky finals are needed

Imo either one long (50km+) or 2 short ones (30km'ish each) where one is flat and the other a bit more hilly. Not 2 x 50km flat ones as this year - will disadvantage the non-TT'ers a tad too much

Cimber said:
Imo either one long (50km+) or 2 short ones (30km'ish each) where one is flat and the other a bit more hilly. Not 2 x 50km flat ones as this year - will disadvantage the non-TT'ers a tad too much

give the climbers 6 proper hard mountain stages and it is their own fault if they don't get their time back after the time trials.

shame this year we didn't have such thing as properly hard mountain stages.

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Lexman said:
In case Saxo would lose his WT status : will ASO invite Saxo as a pro-conti team?...

Ferminal said:
Saxo will not lose their WT status.

Oh? Really? Nice crystal ball ya got there. Personally, I'll give ya 60:40 that the UCI doesn't give in on the points. I'll put it at 60% probability that the CAS knocks that down, but that still leaves a pretty good chance that Saxo will lose their WT status.

In which case, I think ASO will invite them.

LaFlorecita said:
NO?? Florecita, all you can say is NO? It sounds like you haven't gotten over the scare you got in the first week of the Vuelta! Believe, girl, believe! What do we have in life if we do not have hope! ;) :) :D

hiero2 said:
NO?? Florecita, all you can say is NO? It sounds like you haven't gotten over the scare you got in the first week of the Vuelta! Believe, girl, believe! What do we have in life if we do not have hope! ;) :) :D

I hope he just doesn't ride it. That would be epic. "No mr Prudhomme I'm gonna ride GIRO! and VUELTA! with nice people in nice countries."

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
I hope he just doesn't ride it. That would be epic. "No mr Prudhomme I'm gonna ride GIRO! and VUELTA! with nice people in nice countries."
One thing that Armstrong learned from 1999 to 2005: it's the Tour that makes riders great, not the other way round.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
SiAp1984 said:
Of course they can. The Tour does absolutely not need AC.

Why? He never got banned cos of doping anyways. He is good business, and they need riders to ensure that the Sky train wont make the race so boring again. He will be there.

Btw for those who are interested this is a være good column about Brits and their new cyling hype and their view on the sport and how that view differs from "old" cycling nations. Quite a good read and I can recognize a lot of it from the "cycling cultural calshes" we have had in this forum, especially over the last months. Its in Danish so use a translation tool and hope it makes any sense :D http://www.feltet.dk/nyheder/klumme_nedslag_i_en_engelsk_cykelsommer/
Maybe I should have posted it in another thread. If the columnist decides to translate it to English it could even be an interesting discussion in its own thread.

TRENDING THREADS