• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Will Dirkules and the Mavs win it this year ?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Will Dirk and Mavs win NBA title ?

• perhaps

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Bosh shriveled up like an old man's nads at the end of the game last night.

James took invisibility to new heights the entire game, and I hope he continues to test his newfound superpower.

Dallas's zone was pivotal down the stretch, and the bench/Chandler was huge. Chandler w/ 16 boards and 9 offensive is very encouraging. Also love JoJuan starting in place of Stevenson too.

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
What a great game, but Lebron didn't score in the 4th quarter!!

EDIT: My bad, Lebron had 2 points, but that makes 2 points in the last 2 4th quarters.

jobiwan said:
What a great game, but Lebron didn't score in the 4th quarter!!

EDIT: My bad, Lebron had 2 points, but that makes 2 points in the last 2 4th quarters.

Lebron totally disappeared in the 4th. I don't want to hear any more comparisons of Lebron to Michael Jordan. At this point LJ isn't even close to MJ. Jordan never disappeared during a game... heck, Jordan was awesome in the playoffs even with 102F fever.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
on3m@n@rmy said:
Yea. Hat off to the Mavs.

I don't understand Fox Sports. Just the other day they posted a report saying Mavs were done. WHAT? Have they been watching the games? ....

you don't have to EVER be right to be a sports or political pundit. in fact, being right is probably a good way to lose your job.

i remember a few years ago ESPN (i think) used to post the results of their "experts'" predictions for every weeks' american football games. among the experts was a computer generating random predictions, a junior high school class and some celebrity. most of the "experts", but one were worse than or close to chance. the junior high school kids and the celebrity were better than most of the "experts", too. i seem to remember that the biggest blowhard at ESPN, what's his name?... chris something, i think, had the worst record.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
gregod said:
you don't have to EVER be right to be a sports or political pundit. in fact, being right is probably a good way to lose your job.

i remember a few years ago ESPN (i think) used to post the results of their "experts'" predictions for every weeks' american football games. among the experts was a computer generating random predictions, a junior high school class and some celebrity. most of the "experts", but one were worse than or close to chance. the junior high school kids and the celebrity were better than most of the "experts", too. i seem to remember that the biggest blowhard at ESPN, what's his name?... chris something, i think, had the worst record.

Mortenson. The only thing Mort is good for is digging up useless dirt to fill in time for NFL Live when no one cares about football in March.

But on a better note, 1 more for the Mavs!!!

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Great job by MVP Dirk and the Dirkules...now we all have to hear Mark Cuban talk...but I would rather hear him than LBJ...

Now I only have one or two games of hockey for sports I will watch left on major network channels...and Tour de Suisse on VS....hurry up July...I guess I will have to pass the time reading the message boards closer.

I'm really happy for the Mavs! They proved they were the better team and deserved to win. In tonight's game, when the Heat's big 3 didn't do much, nobody stepped up. For the Mavs in the first half when Dirk struggled, a lot of Mavs stepped up: Terry, Barea, Kidd in particular. And the score could have been even more lopsided if Dirk had not gone 1 for 12 from the field in the first half. But in the second half Dirk was lights out. Dallas played a good team game and it was a team victory. The Heat still have not quite learned how to do that. The Heat, however, will likely have more opportunities to come back and give it another go.

I'm so happy I'm almost tearing up. I'm originally from Dallas and have been rooting for those guys since the beginning 30 years ago when I was a little kid. So happy for Dirk. Haven't been this happy about a sporting event in a really long time.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Wuhuuuuuuuu yes.

Congrats Mavs, and especially to Dirk Nowitzky.

Now that he has the ring and finals are over, the hunt on Lance should be a lot easier. :D

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
on3m@n@rmy said:
But wait! We still have the Stanley Cup Finals to get through for other meaningful sport. Then the media can have at the other.;)

And the Superbowl is coming soon after that.
Dirk will wait till that is over, until he dunks on Lance. He has to hurry then, because next NBA finals around the corner again.

TRENDING THREADS