• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Will french police bust the radioshack hotel during the tour

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Will French police raid the Radioshack hotel?

• No, but the afld will have him tested every day

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
filipo said:
You know, I always wondered about Lance's breakup with Sheryl Crow. There she was, by his side, all during the 2004 Tour. Surely she couldn't have been staying in the same room as him. Did she have a separate room? I've always wondered what she saw, and whether -- if she did see anything -- that had any influence on the breakup.

Anyway, I think the police will search Shack, Saxo and Astana rooms and/or buses, but I'm hoping there'll be a big Giro-style hotel raid with riders jumping out windows. Regardless, nothing will come of it except a small gang of third-tier riders will get suspended sentences after a years-long judicial process.

I remember reading - or possibly hearing one of the sycophant twins report it during commentary - something Sheryl Crow said in interview before the Alpe d'Huez ITT in 2004.

When asked how she thought Lance would go, she said, "Lance knows what he's doing."

I always found this a little strange. Knows what he's doing? It isn't a card game, there's not much strategy in an uphill TT: you just go for it.

Sports physiologists talk about skill-related factors and health-related factors. The former refers to the gross and finemotor muscle coordination you need in events like football (soccer to you Americans), snooker, darts or golf. The latter is essentially cardiovascular fitness. Apart from staying upright, riding a bike is mostly a health-related factor.

Saying Lance "knows what he's doing" on the eve of a TT seemed a bit loaded at the time. Was she refering to his 'special preparation'?

We all know that's a skill that Lance plays better than most.

If so, how did she feel being privvy to this less salubrious practice? Was it a factor in their break up? Or did that have more to do with her realisation that Lance was one bf not prepared to top himself over her? (God, I'm biatchy)

May 25, 2010
Visit site
CycloErgoSum said:
I remember reading - or possibly hearing one of the sycophant twins report it during commentary - something Sheryl Crow said in interview before the Alpe d'Huez ITT in 2004.

When asked how she thought Lance would go, she said, "Lance knows what he's doing."

I always found this a little strange. Knows what he's doing? It isn't a card game, there's not much strategy in an uphill TT: you just go for it.

Sports physiologists talk about skill-related factors and health-related factors. The former refers to the gross and finemotor muscle coordination you need in events like football (soccer to you Americans), snooker, darts or golf. The latter is essentially cardiovascular fitness. Apart from staying upright, riding a bike is mostly a health-related factor.

Saying Lance "knows what he's doing" on the eve of a TT seemed a bit loaded at the time. Was she refering to his 'special preparation'?

We all know that's a skill that Lance plays better than most.

If so, how did she feel being privvy to this less salubrious practice? Was it a factor in their break up? Or did that have more to do with her realisation that Lance was one bf not prepared to top himself over her? (God, I'm biatchy)

I think you're reading a hell of a lot into his girlfriend saying that her professional cyclist boyfriend knows what he is doing!!! Let's keep perspective here, she's a musician, and it's a quick soundbite, that's all.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
SpartacusRox said:
Possibly but they may look at Team Sky if Wiggo is anywhere near the front runners, because if he is then he must be on something good.

:rolleyes:

he'll be hiding behind Cancellara and the motospecialized to get him up those cols :rolleyes: