• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Will Sky get a Tour invite next year?

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm just wondering giving Wiggo's failure to set the tour alight. They've not taken any stage victories either.

How are these things decided? I know they don't have a Pro Tour licence, will they have one by next year?

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
curium said:
I'm just wondering giving Wiggo's failure to set the tour alight. They've not taken any stage victories either.

How are these things decided? I know they don't have a Pro Tour licence, will they have one by next year?

Erm, they do have a Pro Tour license, same as Radioshack
Not that having a PT license helpsin any way getting an invite, as they weren't on the list of 16 original teams a few years back.
As to whether they will get a TDF invite - well it all depends on whether any other team states a larger ambition (Saur/Vac) and whetehr any other teams get downsized. As things currently stand, it would be pretty mad of the ASO to not invite them, considering the power behind them (3rd largest media conglomerate in the WORLD), and am sure next year f Wiggo isn;t suitable DB will have restructured and looked at it a different way. Radioshack would be a better uestion to ask of 0- even though Levi is currently in the top 10, the vast majority of their big names will retire soon, Radioshack is in DIRE financial crisis,, and without Lance, the extra paparazzi from the English speaking world wn't be so great.

SpartacusRox

BANNED
May 6, 2010
Visit site
ScottyMuser said:
Erm, they do have a Pro Tour license, same as Radioshack
Not that having a PT license helpsin any way getting an invite, as they weren't on the list of 16 original teams a few years back.
As to whether they will get a TDF invite - well it all depends on whether any other team states a larger ambition (Saur/Vac) and whetehr any other teams get downsized. As things currently stand, it would be pretty mad of the ASO to not invite them, considering the power behind them (3rd largest media conglomerate in the WORLD), and am sure next year f Wiggo isn;t suitable DB will have restructured and looked at it a different way. Radioshack would be a better uestion to ask of 0- even though Levi is currently in the top 10, the vast majority of their big names will retire soon, Radioshack is in DIRE financial crisis,, and without Lance, the extra paparazzi from the English speaking world wn't be so great.

Sky need to focus on stages. Dumb of them to put all their eggs in the Wiggins basket. They should have taken Henderson and they might have had a win or two by now.