• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Wish it was the rest day!

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I feel for the riders at the moment. They would normally expect a rest day roughly today (Monday) but they have to ride for 2 more hard days first.

Myself - I am starting to really suffer now that we are this far through the Tour. Between sitting up to watch the Live coverage (10pm through to around 2am or so), moderating the conversations around the Tour till around 3am, being woken up by my daughters at around 7am, riding my bike when I can fit it in, and oh yeah - my real job - I'm stuffed! :D

I fully expect to wake up later today to find "ECAPS" embedded in my forehead... fortunately with the Worl Cup just having finished, my employer is quite understanding (his own "RAB ECAPS" tattoo is just now fading on his forehead)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I feel exactly the same. These late nights are killing me! I'm riding like crap (when I can be bothered getting up to ride) because I'm so tired. On the upside I tell myself that I have a relevant and current excuse for being pathetic and take every opportunity to remind my riding mates of it....but I've been claiming this since the Giro....do you think its past it's use by date yet?:D

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Greg Johnson said:
Yeah, I know the feeling. Damn us Australians being in such a different time zone to France.

Cheers
Greg Johnson

it's better then the ashes when it's in england :D starting at 12 an ending 5.00 in the morning.. let's hope we can a aussie win :D

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
mowie133 said:
it's better then the ashes when it's in england :D starting at 12 an ending 5.00 in the morning.. let's hope we can a aussie win :D

I think that's good with the ashes actually. Saves me the pain of having to be subjected to cricket :)

Cheers
Greg Johnson

A

Anonymous

its no better for us brits.. 1-5 every afternoon really does interfere with the day

TRENDING THREADS