• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Wonderboy: The Movie

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
jeffsharpe said:
Will the movie feature his drug taking pre cancer or post cancer?

I'd like to see him kissing *** and making connections to get hold of amphetamines to use in junior triathlons and then getting Cortisone to the *** with Carmichael.

I remember vividly when I was 16 there were certain personal trainers and other dudes at my gym who you could buddy up with and they would sort you out with some dodgy ****.

images

Ty Burrel could play GH

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
cineteq said:
Hollywood is now working on TWO Lance Armstrong movies.

Lance Armstrong’s story has everything. Victory. Redemption. A Triumph of the Human Spirit. All-American Ambition Shading into Moral Decay. The Enticing Possibility That Matthew McConaughey Could Play Himself.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/03/11/lance-armstrong-movie-jay-roach/?hpt=hp_t2

that would be onanism on celluloid.

McConaughey.

Malibu runs sans tops.

bunga bunda parties in Malibu.

blow two ways @ Yellow Rose.

line up Stiller, Gyllenhaal, Williams to play themselves as bumchums.

quandary, which hecken Olsen twin was it? Could her twin play her? Bit close to incest methinks.

Andy **** to play Tyler Hamilton.

Who is gonna play Haven Parchinski?

cineteq said:
As a film fanatic I'm always interested in watching a good story.

There is a documentary coming up.
http://blogs.indiewire.com/thompson...trong-documentary-biopics-to-the-front-burner

But I'd like to see a dramatization of the story. Here are some questions.

- What should be the title of the movie?
- What should be in the story?
- Which actors are going to play the main roles: Armstrong, Bruyneel, USPS riders, Verbruggen, McQuaid, wives, lovers, etc?
- Should Robin Williams or Sean Penn be one of those actors?
- Add your own question.

Personally, I'd like to see the story starts when LA was a teenager.
I need to think about who I'd like to play those roles.

As for titles I can suggest:

- Wonderboy
- Winning at All Costs
- Winning No Matter What
- Rise and Fall of a Hero
- The Story of a Disgraced Cyclist
- The Bully, The Cheat and The Doper
- Psycho: Run, Don't Walk

The speculation continues and the American psyche has hit full stride in seeking some entertainment out of a tawdry generation in American cycling, Why is it every major fraud case has to be turned into Hollywood fluff.

It is way too early to have a substantive and genuine movie about LA. There are too many lawsuits and issues that have to be played out before embarking on a movie.

But it is fun to identify actors who we all think resemble in some way the main characters. I think the most fun is the movie title. My vote is "Its a Long Alley Between Trash Cans"

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
picture.php

To play LA, may I tangentialy suggest Keanu Reeves. Although KR smiles occasionally and LA never does, KR can do a good blank stare look.

As for a film title, perhaps a spin on the Vittorio De Sica film, The Bicycle Thieves. And call it (edit) "The Bicycle Thieving git"

Just a thought.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
horsinabout said:
picture.php

To play LA, may I tangentialy suggest Keanu Reeves. Although KR smiles occasionally and LA never does, KR can do a good blank stare look.

As for a film title, perhaps a spin on the Vittorio De Sica film, The Bicycle Thieves. And call it "The Bicycle Thieve"

Just a thought.
but KR cant act. is that intentional suggestion?

I could see that on some meta level.

because armstrong is so transparent in all his attempt(s) to uphold his ruse to the rubes.

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
horsinabout said:
What about "The Bicycle Thieving Git"

That better for you. Or are you going to take another snip...

I just wondered because making the singular of thieves to theive is a fairly large grammatical mistake. I was wondering if there was a reason.

TRENDING THREADS