• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

World Politics

Page 304 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

redtreviso said:
Right...there are just tons of Liberal Ann Coulters and Limbaughs out there on their own ultra friendly 24/7 propaganda networks..
You're so FOS scott

This may come to a suprise to you, but I'm neither Ann Coulter nor am I Rush Limbaugh.

BTW, WTF happened to AirAmerica? Oh, that's right, it wasn't commercially viable. What a bummer. Maybe it's because the message is as boring as it is un-entertaining. Nobody and I mean nobody enjoys listening to angry leftists all day long.

I bet it really grates you that Fox, Rush, Hannity, Ingrahm (and whomever I've missed) just rock at the box office. No wonder you're so shrill and pissed off all the time.

But then you just shake your head at all the stupid people that patronize those enterprises.... like a good little leftist. Hey, here's an idea, send an email to Soros with your resume. I'm guessing he would hire you in a heartbeat. In fact, send him a link to this thread. Your work here is stunning, I mean unbelieveable... really.

A

Anonymous

Hugh Januss said:
I have never said you are evil, just wrong. Some of the people who's ideas you have been sucked in by are however evil.

Kinda weak spin there HJ.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
This may come to a suprise to you, but I'm neither Ann Coulter nor am I Rush Limbaugh.

BTW, WTF happened to AirAmerica? Oh, that's right, it wasn't commercially viable. What a bummer. Maybe it's because the message is as boring as it is un-entertaining. Nobody and I mean nobody enjoys listening to angry leftists all day long.

I bet it really grates you that Fox, Rush, Hannity, Ingrahm (and whomever I've missed) just rock at the box office. No wonder you're so shrill and pissed off all the time.

Hey... Monster trucks and rap are popular too..

A

Anonymous

redtreviso said:
Hey... Monster trucks and rap are popular too..

So you attack the African American Hip-Hop culture for what reason? Hard to believe somone on the left could be this racist, but then you never have practiced what you preach, have you? Rules are for other people, aren't they?

Stereotypical of you to accuse others of being racist when (of course) you yourself are a racist.

You are too predictable.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
patricknd said:
Nice to hear you have outside interests. :D

Certainly not those..but to the point just because a child sex vacationing, oxycontin addicted loud mouth is popular doesn't mean anything he says is worth believing in.

btw..I wore french shoes today..Rolled some super record , then had some relax time making sounds from brazillian rosewood and sitka spruce. I hope you enjoyed Hannity. He's so popular.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
So you attack the African American Hip-Hop culture for what reason? Hard to believe somone on the left could be this racist, but then you never have practiced what you preach, have you? Rules are for other people, aren't they?

Stereotypical of you to accuse others of being racist when (of course) you yourself are a racist.

You are too predictable.

pffft...

ok...Country music and monster trucks are popular.,.. Same difference to me.

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
redtreviso said:
Certainly not those..but to the point just because a child sex vacationing, oxycontin addicted loud mouth is popular doesn't mean anything he says is worth believing in.

btw..I wore french shoes today..Rolled some super record , then had some relax time making sounds from brazillian rosewood and sitka spruce. I hope you enjoyed Hannity. He's so popular.

You're strange.... and what kind of guitar?

A

Anonymous

redtreviso said:
pffft...

ok...Country music and monster trucks are popular.,.. Same difference to me.

Too late slick. It's out there on the interwebs for all to see. You hate Fox, Rush, Hannity and compare an enormous part of Black culture to it.

Big mistake. This is actual racism as opposed to what you think you see in me.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
Too late slick. It's out there on the interwebs for all to see. You hate Fox, Rush, Hannity and compare an enormous part of Black culture to it.

Big mistake. This is actual racism as opposed to what you think you see in me.

I don't care..It is not like I am petitioning the government to cater to my musical tastes..

Scott SoCal said:

You are too predictable.

So now in your bizzaro world not liking a certain type of music makes you a racist? Never go full genius.

Scott SoCal said:
The Masters of the Universe in the public sector don't want a strong public school system because it threatens their position of dominance and control, for the easiest way to control a population is to deny an education.

Sounds stupid don't it?

You really are so invested in your world view that any opposition must be of evil intent. Did it ever occur to you that this kind of demagoguery is problematic at best and really just toxic?

Right. This coming straight from the guy who isn't capable of distinguishing between public wellbeing and that which operates in the interests of a private class. Talk to Koch about demagoguery. Mine is simple democratic principle.

The real problem is that you fail to see, because blinded by your ideology, to not besmirch the notion of a world view, that having a nation in which the private sector holds title to everything, that has been stripped of a public domain, would somehow be better. When all it is producing is a more hierarchical and hegemonic one.

In my world, the private schools wouldn't receive one cent from the government. Let those who choose to endorse them pay for it in their children's tuition. What is especially dire, though, is that not only is the more right wing, ideological and demagogic elements in the federal and state governments finding ways to invest public funds in the private schools, but this is after the public ones have been vilified and defrauded. Smart huh? And it shows in the quality of the average American student, especially in what the don't know about the world.

PS: You're right on one account: namely, I have a world view. Whereas all I can see from yours is one that's utterly provincial and rather old, because it in reality merely takes us back to the ancien règime. Yet your kind passes it off as innovative.

Scott SoCal said:
Yes, apparently it went right over your head. You see what Rhub wrote is patently absurd. So I thought, for illustrative purposes it would be fun to counter that with something similarly absurd from the other point of view.

The problem is you guys on the left really believe the absolute worst of the other side. The is no possible way any dissent from your way of thinking can be tolerated. You have all the answers so someone like me comes along with a different perspective and I can't be just wrong, I have to be evil.

You guys say the harshest stuff to those you disagree with. Then in the same breath you wonder out loud why there can be no civil discourse. It's pathetic but I am used to it.

No, once again you don't understand and have totally missed the point.

For my part, I was talking about investing heavily and seriously in the public schools, following the principles of egalitarianism and pluralism within the democratic state.

In no way would I tolerate having the right wing being ostracized in such a public system, precisely because being public must have a voice and be representative of all the components in society. This is why you are patently mistaken when you call me a demagogue.

By contrast in any private context, things become oriented toward the direction of the world view of where the finances arrive. And, here, in the private schools example, it just so happens that the ideologues most outspoken about sustaining and realizing such a system, and at the expense of the public one, are the ones most fanatical about promoting and molding society after a right-wing agenda.

If the right fears so much having strong public schools, it is precisely because it fears having to confront society openly and in a public forum that isn't the private property of any corporate consortium. So its just better to eliminate the competition and go about the business of building a world, starting from the youth in the private schools, that is to its own image and liking.

This only shows how vile and undemocratic they are, though.

PS: I keep saying right-wing agenda, even though, in reality, even the mainstream left in America is pretty much their in regards to the private sector and schools. This is the real tragedy and the left's failure.

A

Anonymous

Hugh Januss said:
So now in your bizzaro world not liking a certain type of music makes you a racist? Never go full genius.

Geebus HJ, get with the program. I'm just playing the game by Red's rules.

His rule:

He already "knows" what I am and am about. In his view I'm a racist, bigoted homophobic misogynist (because ALL conservatives MUST be) who loves Rush, Fox and Hannity. This was established as soon as he realized I have conservative views and so he MUST (can't help himself) use any and every opportunity to make these accusations. It's the only way he can temper his anger... project on to somone that he disagrees with.

This posted by Red just a few pages back, perhaps you missed it;

Look! All that matters to scott and his kind is that there are minority children in public schools and as a white person scott doesn't feel they deserve an education at the expense of PRODUCERS like himself and other white people.

BOTTOM LINE END OF STORY

So, if I have this right, Red can make, literally, any unfounded accusation towards me and nary a peep from you because.... you agree with him?

BTW, Red can defend himself.

A

Anonymous

rhubroma said:
No, once again you don't understand and have totally missed the point.

For my part, I was talking about investing heavily and seriously in the public schools, following the principles of egalitarianism and pluralism within the democratic state.

In no way would I tolerate having the right wing being ostracized in such a public system, precisely because being public must have a voice and be representative of all the components in society. This is why you are patently mistaken when you call me a demagogue.

By contrast in any private context, things become oriented toward the direction of the world view of where the finances arrive. And, here, in the private schools example, it just so happens that the ideologues most outspoken about sustaining and realizing such a system, and at the expense of the public one, are the ones most fanatical about promoting and molding society after a right-wing agenda.

If the right fears so much having strong public schools, it is precisely because it fears having to confront society openly and in a public forum that isn't the private property of any corporate consortium. So its just better to eliminate the competition and go about the business of building a world, starting from the youth in the private schools, that is to its own image and liking.

This only shows how vile and undemocratic they are, though.

PS: I keep saying right-wing agenda, even though, in reality, even the mainstream left in America is pretty much their in regards to the private sector and schools. This is the real tragedy and the left's failure.

I understand very well where you are coming from. I get it. I just disagree with much of it.

Just for fun, why don't you point out where I (or anyone on the right) fears a strong public school system? No one fears this... but you youself have moaned about the state of public schools (at least in the U.S.).

Speaking for myself only here, I fear a broken education system, which is what we have. The public school system has been failing for 25 years or more and this Country is seeing the effects.

So, what to do? I'm open minded about it. Solution oriented. If the public system can be fixed then it should be fixed already. But you are so invested in govt you can comprehend any other solution. The only way it can ever work is if govt runs/controls it ("it" being literally everything).

I completely reject this way of thinking. At least part of the reason the public school system won't right the ship is they don't have to. Their money comes in no matter what kind of job is done. Yet I mention a possible fix may be to force the public school to compete for available resources and somehow I'm the devil.:confused:

A

Anonymous

rhubroma said:
Right. This coming straight from the guy who isn't capable of distinguishing between public wellbeing and that which operates in the interests of a private class. Talk to Koch about demagoguery. Mine is simple democratic principle.

The real problem is that you fail to see, because blinded by your ideology, to not besmirch the notion of a world view, that having a nation in which the private sector holds title to everything, that has been stripped of a public domain, would somehow be better. When all it is producing is a more hierarchical and hegemonic one.

In my world, the private schools wouldn't receive one cent from the government. Let those who choose to endorse them pay for it in their children's tuition. What is especially dire, though, is that not only is the more right wing, ideological and demagogic elements in the federal and state governments finding ways to invest public funds in the private schools, but this is after the public ones have been vilified and defrauded. Smart huh? And it shows in the quality of the average American student, especially in what the don't know about the world.

PS: You're right on one account: namely, I have a world view. Whereas all I can see from yours is one that's utterly provincial and rather old, because it in reality merely takes us back to the ancien règime. Yet your kind passes it off as innovative.

Im my world parents would have a choice to send their kid to a school that fit their needs. In my world parents would not be locked in and forced to send their kid to a non-performing school, public or private. I'm pro choice when it comes to our education system. You are not. We disagree.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
Geebus HJ, get with the program. I'm just playing the game by Red's rules.

His rule:

He already "knows" what I am and am about. In his view I'm a racist, bigoted homophobic misogynist (because ALL conservative MUST be) who loves Rush, Fox and Hannity. This was established as soon as he realized I have conservative views and so he MUST (can't help himself) use any and every opportunity to make these accusations. It's the only way he can temper his anger... project on to somone that he disagrees with.

So, if I have this right, Red can make, literally, any unfounded accusation towards me and nary a peep from you because.... you agree with him? BTW, Red can defend himself.

yup yup yup yup.. You are going to have to conform and give up that silly yearly flandrian thing you do though. You are suppose to stay home and abuse your wife and children. Show them their proper place and all that. and then watch and listen to all the right wing stuff so you can know what people have to agree with you about to be YOUR KIND. My Haliburton neighbor could give you pointers. Get with the program scott..Live like Richard Cheney is watching and listening to every word. and he knows your thoughts. Show contempt for who Cheney would show contempt for and others just to be safe.. Go accuse your neighbors of only being able to afford that new car because YOU paid for their mother's nursing home care via medicare..Be the azz

A

Anonymous

redtreviso said:
yup yup yup yup.. You are going to have to conform and give up that silly yearly flandrian thing you do though. You are suppose to stay home and abuse your wife and children. Show them their proper place and all that. and then watch and listen to all the right wing stuff so you can know what people have to agree with you about to be YOUR KIND. My Haliburton neighbor could give you pointers. Get with the program scott..Live like Richard Cheney is watching and listening to every word. and he knows your thoughts. Show contempt for who Cheney would show contempt for and others just to be safe.. Go accuse your neighbors of only being able to afford that new car because YOU paid for their mother's nursing home care via medicare..Be the azz

And I get accused of going Full genius.

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
redtreviso said:

Such extravagance. You're like the party leader wiping his azz on charmin while the workers stand in line in the filthy streets hoping for a roll of something that resembles sandpaper. So much for the redistribution of wealth. But you got yours, right? :p :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS